1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kr1000 Replica Build...

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Exige, May 15, 2013.

1. Thought that comment would have come from Tom R, not you! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yep just lacquered when you see the quality it just makes you go all warm and fuzzy. Just like Bimotas of old used to do to me, love the xr69, even the gsf1200s was a more reasonable jap attempt, but then I had a zrx1100 done like eddies and can remember selling z1000r and 1100's when I worked for a kwak dealer in the 80's. So I love old skool but I'm old enough to remember them 1st time

3. Me too, that's why I'm building the KR1000's having built the Tamiya model when it first came out, I just love the quirkiness of the KR's asymmetric frame and the fact it won the world championship :Happy:
    The guy in Germany Franki who is the self proclaimed No1 KR fan has had a look at this thread and said my KR is the best replica of the KR he has seen, well pleased with that as Moto Martin have even done one recently!
    Franki has supplied the replica fairing and seat unit and also made me some replica headlights and filler caps too which are with DHL now with the second set of body work. I'm eagerly waiting their arrival!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. I've covered most of my foreseeable issues with both builds but one was bugging me. As both bikes will be on the road I need a tail light to imitate the original's rear reflector. I estimated it from scaling and photos to be 13cms diameter.
    It looks like this:

3589647928_deb660504c_o.jpg

But tonight I found this which does tail light and brake light - it is 13cms diameter too!!!

61tkell0FoL._SL1100_.jpg

Only £8 delivered off Amazon :)
    Only problem is they only have one in stock so will still have to find another - but it's pretty much identical so will save this one for the Period Replica as apposed to the modern version if I can't get another.

• Like Like x 1
  5. china will make some more for you!

6. Yeh, exactly where that one will have come from but I only want one, not a container full :Happy:

7. i bet you could make your own if so required.

8. Well, I work in New Vehicle Development with JLR and have the contacts to do even one offs for free - but to be honest, I'd rather not involve work, unless it's my last option :Happy:

9. what they doing with the new defender then? i got a new old one!

10. Can't tell you, sorry :( it will be good, but probably not too utilitarian I'm afraid...

11. You are opposite to me Stu, It's always my first. :Angelic:

12. Article in AutoCar yesterday - only made up pictures though as no official release yet.

13. Traffic Light...?

[​IMG]

14. Trailer / Lorry light :smile:

15. It soon will be!

Oooooooh, snap.

16. No no no no no, it's going on the Kawasaki not a Ducati ;)

17. Yummie replica KR1000 duel filler caps from Classic Performance in Germany arrived today...

Fuel Caps.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  18. And my headlight assemblies too...

Lights.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  19. I'm almost as excited about this build as I am my own new bike. I remember making my first tamiya kr1000 and rs1000 my other fave aged 12. So good to see someone build a real one.

20. These bikes are going to be so cool when they are finished.
    Loving the endurance look (as I always did).
    Maybe Ducati should bring out their own endurance replica (with the goggle eyed headlamps) - not that they often finished a race...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information