1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Missing Something???

Discussion in '851 / 888' started by Baldyboy, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Recently bought a used set of link pipes and cans for my 851 strada allegedly for a 851/888/900 when I try fitting them they interfere with the indicators but even worse the brackets don't align with the cans as the cans are in the way. Tried differing combinations makes it worse. Am I missing a trick here?
    Ta

image.jpg

2. I don't think you are but long shot and i'm stating the obvious I know but have you tried that pipe on the other side? - sometimes with a swivel a R/H pipe looks like it could fit on the L/H side - done it myself on other models.

3. Hi chris, done that and it projects out at an angle of about 20 degrees to the bike. I know that steve at BBB fabrications markets his link pipes for the 851,888 and 900 (do not think these are his though) so it seems odd that they don't fit. did wonder about taking an inch of the link pipe to see if that makes a difference.

4. Looking at it, it may be the hanger brackets as I can jiggle the link pipes and cans to sit very tightly on the bike with enough clearance but the brkts will not fit. It just depends on how tight the pipes should be?

5. it does look as though cans need to go forward around 60 mm or more even judging by the fixing straps - are they the type that wrap around carbon can? Hopefully others will comment later on.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information