1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insurance

Discussion in 'D16 Desmosedici RR' started by Rossdj, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Agreed but if I had cancelled it would have cost me more because the drop to other insurance companies prices weren't enough. I will negotiate it better this year for sure. I'm not paying that in excess.

2. Cham, are you in Pimlico? Think I have seen you a few times (worked down the road from your garage, if it's you).

3. Yep. I did have a multi-bike policy with eBike but when I got the D16 and Ducati Insurance were the only option it worked out cheaper to transfer the whole lot over to them.

4. insurance companies making lots of profits. PMSL. Its broker business and those aggregator bastards that make all the cash. AN insurance co is lucky to turn a few single digit % profit

5. Aviva plc - Interim Results Announcement 2013

Aviva seem to be doing alright.

6. Virtually none of that profit comes from Motor, most insurers run Motor as a loss leader, its a bit like milk and bananas in supermarkets .... motor insurers as Bradders has said make no real money .....

7. Really? They do it out of the goodness of their hearts?????

• Like Like x 1
  8. Digging this thread from the grave for a reason.

Do those who own Desmos have any additional terms and conditions on their insurance policy?

Specifically how and where its parked both at day and night?

9. I don't even have a Desmo and I've got clauses about that - where and how it's secured!

10. Nope - just the normal stuff that applies to all the bikes on my multibike policy. The Desmosedici does have a tracker fitted ... and of course the 24 hr armed security guard with a Rottweiler that I employ solely for the purpose ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information