1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Internal Mudguard.....

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by comfysofa, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Hi Comfy,
    Looks really good - I've fitted the extended range tank and have the 2 into 1 Termi Race system on mine and I can't see how your rear internal mudguard would fit. Shame as I had a look under the seat after I got caught out in the rain on Sunday and it was filthy.
    Cheers,
    Moses.

2. My thoughts exactly as I have the same setup:-(

3. So, how does the rear tail tidy attach for yours then....pics please!!

4. Negative0-09-09(2).jpg Hyper rear.jpg

Hi Comfy,
    As requested - before you mention it you've just made me realise I have some more rusty bolts and washers to sort out.
    Don't spend too much time looking at my own rear!
    Cheers,
    Moses.
    PS: in the Ditch Rubbers Thread I quoted your expertise in winterproofing - you put us all to shame.

5. Cheers - but you say that - the throttle bodies on mine look like they've done 100k! pitted to fuck....they'll get done next time the motor has to come out...

6. Another pic of the underside which may help - tail tidy bolts to the subframe:[​IMG][​IMG]

7. Do find that r&g shock cover holds the crap or is it ok?

8. I acf50'd the shock before fitting and when I whipped the tube off the other day the shock was mint so no complaints other than the fact that it has started to burn from the exhaust heat which is a bit surprising given the distance between the two.

9. Its the extended range tank that would be the main reason comfy's rear internal mudguard doesn't fit.
    I'm glad my photo isn't as clear as your's Brassflute as when I took it, it highlighted to me some more rusty bolts.

10. correct me If im wrong but the mount points underneath should be the same.....the numberplate holder (the stock one) has the same mount points as mine....

11. Hi Comfy,
    It's the extended range tank that would stop us fitting it, compare your picture side-on to mine.
    Hope others go for it because it looks good.
    Cheers,
    Moses.

12. Ah - didn't know you had that....well....everyone knows its done - as per usual no one has wanted one....I had that with the tail tidy's everyone was keen so I went ahead with it and then no one wanted them....they've gone on ebay eventually - most went abroad...

13. Hi Comfy,
    Well I certainly wouldn't mislead you - your solution looks very neat so I hope those who expressed interest go for it.
    Good luck,
    Moses.

14. Well that's me shot as I've got the hm69 tank:-( That said I may swing over Brisl way when the weather picks up and see if it can be modded to fit.

15. Sorry... I didn't mean that you did.....its just that at the time people did....its, im talking generally....

16. Hey Comfy, I,ll take one off your hands, how much each?

17. Not got a definite price yet but its going to be about 45 quid (including the carriage)....ive mail him to say the design is ok apart from the hole down the bottom that the small 6mm bolt goes through should be slotted as the tank is plastic and looks to me to move around from bike to bike (mine wasn't exactly bang on but I literally shoved the tank up about a quarter inch or so and it fitted - I thought a slotted hole would make it easier....

The problem is, is im at the end of the pecking order with regards to them as they are quite a big fabricator but I get on well with the bloke that runs it plus some of the lads there have bikes so they enjoy doing the "different" stuff....

18. Just to bring this to the top again - ive actually got a delivery time of next Friday for the mudguards to be completed. ill have an initial 10 but just waiting for the final price to come back. Post back when I get the price - not going to be expensive and price will include carriage to you (uk only) don't mind sending them abroad but the buyer'll have to pay the extra.

19. Ok - should be collecting the mudguards tomorrow price is 45 quid per guard including the carriage - pm me if you want one - ive got 10 available - not sure if ill have any more made - depends on how much interest there is.

20. Got the mudguards, also had some tail tidies made also as i was asked for some more....got there in the end...
    20150206_221122.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information