1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748rs Timing Belts

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Android853sp, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Is anyone aware of a current alternative to the RS belt ? I have found a supply of genuine belts from Italy but at 60 euros each that is going to work out prohibitively expensive. I know the belts are 95 teeth but are only 20mm wide instead of the 22 mm on the R. Any advice much appreciated. Thanks, Andy.

2. you wanted an rs............;)

3. Try @nelly for uk supplied belts

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. 120 quid every couple of years aint a big deal really is it?

5. How much are 749rs belts?

6. Sadly like the 748R, belt changes will be every year. Had I set the rev limiter at 14000rpm, belt changes would have been after 600 kilometres. Andy

7. I'll give Nelly a try. Andy

8. You are right but it would have been nice just for one element of the build not to be a challenge. MR started work on swapping the engines today and I feel like I'm a kid again waiting to unwrap that present. The anticipation is making my mouth water :). Andy

9. how much is this costing for what gain then?

10. Cost ? What I can afford. Gain ? A big smile and probably soiled underpants :). Andy

11. Found a set on t'internet for £133. Unfortunately a different part number to the 748. Andy

12. Tried Rich at Louigi Moto?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. At current exchange rates 60 euros = £47-50 that makes them cheaper than standard 748 belts, don't see a problem with that.
    Steve

14. You are right Steve but when you compare the price new when readily available of £22, it's a hell of a jump. Andy

15. Any chance of sharing your source in Italy with us??
    60 euros a belt sounds good to me...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information