1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gopro

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Evoarrow, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Has anyone been able to fit a gopro to an 848?
    The suction thingy seems OK. Don't have a bar attachment, not sure if that would work. Stick on the side of the helmet? I don't like that.
    So, apart from sticking it, or using a suction pad, I m stuck.

I know at lot are against recording, but thought I would try it.

2. Using the sticky pads you can place it up near the mirror or on the side of the fairing. The pads can be removed and won't damage the paint if taken off carefully. I'm going to try that next time for forward views.

In the past I've also attached the camera to the barends, if they are the larger type and use clamps to secure the camera (I've got R&G barends).

If you want to get an idea of the footage I can PM you links to YouTube footage to let you see what I'm taking about.

Certainly not going to post the links here and open up my freely admitted, timid and pathetic riding style and show off me MASSIVE, chicken strips.

The riding Gods on Mt Ducati would demand I was banished from the forum forthwith and my helmet broken into small pieces.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. this is where I fix mine . I have it tethered to the mirror, just in case , you can just about see the orange stringy thing.

IMG_1704.JPG

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Have you tried removing the sticky pad?

5. I've got mine in the same place as the one in the posted photo... Never tried to remove the sticky pad...
    My only tip would be to keep the camera as close to the pad as possible. I once used a small extension rod and got loads of vibration....

Bob

6. Pizza delivery bikes are getting more upmarket

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. Ha Ha yes suppose it could be . It was all ready for the nurburgring when that photo was taken . Got to carry a weeks worth of shreddies somewhere.

8. Thanks all, bit more confident about the sticky pad

9. Apply a lanyard, camera to mirror as a backup then you won't have to worry

The pads are great although I've not used them on the 1098, I've used them on helmets and other bikes. Never had a problem and never marked anything taking the pads off. Heat gun is a good idea.

10. Stuck it on.

11. The sticky pads work well, you can get them off by heating them up with a hot hair dryer.

12. I find having memory capacity helps me remember where I've ridden, so no need to record where I've been.

Plus you cannot bore other people with video of non events, that to you seemed "Awesome" So you are resigned to watching them yourself, like some kind of anorak.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. good tool to help debrief / learn from, at a track day...

14. Attach to your subframe, use one of the holes designed for your pillion footage, ideal for rear facing shots/footage, captures the swing arm compressing etc as well rear traffic, i just used the kit the go pro came with and some add ons from e-bay for a few extra £'s, buy a velcro strap and attach your remote to your top yoke that works well for me also, no problems with heat from the cans just be care full with your boot getting on off.
    . $_1.JPG $_1.JPG $_1.JPG $_1.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg $_1.JPG

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  15. Careful folks... apparently a gopro mount was the cause of Michael Scumacher's brain injuries

16. You could also say the rock that michael schumacher's helmet hit caused his injury . Had he , Should he , Would he . You cant blame a gopro mount for his injury it was down to him being out of control or in the wrong place at the wrong time .

17. I stuck mine on my track fairings. I took them off this afternoon (repairs being made to the fiberglass) and they come off fine with a bit of heat and some pulling. They leave no residue and tend to come off in 1 piece. Just pull back and they come off. I'm not sure if they will work so well with a wrapped fairing though...I can see the pad pulling the wrap away from the surface unless you're careful.

18. Friends GoPerv is stuck on the tank of his 848 Heave Ho. Several track days and it's still there. Gets good footage of view through standard screen; showing clocks and track etc. Stick pad very strong.

19. White man use go pro. Make moving picture of iron horse race.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information