1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

750ss Oil Cooler Lines (low-slung)

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by wonky donkey, Nov 27, 2014.

1. So, my cooler lines have seen better days and need replacing. I wrote to Earl's who, very helpfully, told me to send the old ones in and they'd have a look. They phoned me today - very helpful too - and reckon there's no easy solution. Oh.

They'd discussed with Geoff Baines (next door) and he said he thought the connection to the left side of the cooler (with the dog-leg fitting) was problematic and Earl's standard 45 degree fitting would foul the header pipe (though they weren't 100% certain). That' not advisable, due to the heat and all, they said.

Like this one (not mine, but...)
    [​IMG]

One option would be to use their push-fit lines, which come in a wider range of angles (apparently), but again they couldn't guarantee that would solve the issue. Hmm.

I've left it with them for now, but any of you guys have experience or solutions, or even used Earl's fittings?

MICK..

2. I think coolers were standard from about '93 (mines a '94 though the motor is mostly '97).

I did half conclude that I could do without and just blank off the supply/return holes. I live in Scotland and it's not going to spend much time in traffic so oil cooling is probaby not exactly essential. But it should be there, so....

MICK..

3. My 900 has the carb warmer kit which extends the left side connection by about two inches, which allows me to run the oil pipe behind the exhaust header, which is then tie wrapped to a point on the engine case.

4. Had mine made by BGC (near Wisbech) - Earles fittings, no problems.

5. Yorkie, did they fit right onto the OEM unions? Don't suppose you can remember what bits you used? For some reason I've got into a bit of a muddle over this.

Mick..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information