1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Rider Racing Seat

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by turkish, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Any one got a ducati performance seat on there 899?
    How do you find it, being a shortish bloke (5"9) will It be a stupid move ? As heard its a bit higher than standard.
    Any one brought one and changed back to standard?
    Cheers lee

2. Hi Lee,

I have the comfort seat on my 1199s n it's so much better, no more smashing ta nuts on the tank every time u slow down, more control when hanging off in the corners too, well worth investing in one, I was lucky n got mine for free but I would have happily paid the £150 something for it.

3. I second the comfort seat,it's about an inch higher than standard
    I'm 5'6 ,can't plant both feet but the bikes so light I never feel it's a problem .
    Some of that probably due to my other bikes K13,lol

4. Wearing some these will solve any height/seat combo troubles!:cool:

image.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Do they come in Red

6. I read that the 899 has a much nicer seat ( Not as slippy, more padding) than the 1199 and recently they have started fitting the 899 to the 1199 as well.
    Ducati Glasgow had the comfort seat for £130 last time I looked although any dealer 'should' give 20% off especially if you bought a bike from them.

7. Ducati Manchester have 25% off until Sunday on their online store. Order it through that.

8. Just looked on Ducati Manchester and its £117 which is a cracking price but I am in two minds as I am only 5ft 7" and have read that it makes you feel as though you are sitting 'on' the bike rather than 'in' it.
    Also as mentioned the 899 seat has been improved from the 1199 seat anyway so is it worth sticking with the standard seat.
    I don't want to feel perched on top of the bike, your head is nearly above the top yoke already !

9. Like anything,I would say u get use to it and after while u wouldent notice any difference.

10. Is the comfort seat actually any softer.
    I bought one for my Blade and it was actually firmer than standard but did have a sort of 'spring' effect.

11. I'm in two minds whether to buy one too. My 14 plate 1199 has the 899 type seat which is nice and grippy. But could do with padding a bit more.

12. How do u get the 25% ? I had an email saying upto 50% off clothing but no mention of parts?

13. Type 25off into voucher field after adding to basket

14. Just type 25off in the voucher box in your basket

15. great minds think alike !!

16. Cheers. Now I just need to decide if I want one. £117 is what they fetch secondhand so that's a decent price.

17. I am thinking the same thing but just bought a Bruudt tail tidy today !

• Like Like x 1
  18. They have the new 2015 Ducati Corse Arai RX7 GP which is £699 everywhere else and it works out at £465, really cheap for one of those, no size small though.

19. U decided yet?

20. I think the stock seat is grand. Been riding everyday and can't find fault with it at the minute.

I'm always hesitant after buying a gel comfort seat for my 675R which was utter crap

Do Not Sell My Personal Information