1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Heavy Engine Corrosion....opinions ?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Kristian Morris, Dec 18, 2014.

1. it is a pretty bike..:Kiss:

2. its not fuel as all my ducati's have gone the same the 999 has never seen rain and is always kept on a paddock stand and the same thing has happen to my monster and my 900ss , its a ducati paint thing

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Never happened to any of mine.

4. you are lucky as every Ducati i have owned has has some sort of paint flaking on the motor

5. is it a genuine m2005 bike then?

6. Im not that sure that my 999R has any paint on the casings come to think of it .

7. well lucky you :Yawn:

8. Yeah well take it like that if you must .

9. thats because the R had the sand cast cases....

10. For me it's far too expensive for the model, year and miles. Walk away unless you can get a chunk off. I know you could get an s model for less. The engine is what you want. Far more bhp about ten I think. Swing arm you can change easy.

http://ebay.to/1sMw9HD

There another in eBay too. Both dealers do if expect to get a few quid of these too. Hope this helps

http://ebay.to/1Co2w52

#31 Spjallen, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  11. I don't think you will get a good S of that year ( ser 2 ) for less than that ,, but I agree it is way over priced,, but it is a pretty bike.

12. chew it over then....

13. TTonup, what put you off the Airwaves 749 ?...tempted to go look at it but the paint job is slightly off putting........

14. sorry mate,, missed this post,,, don't know if you still interested, or if the bike is still for sale,,, IIRC what put me off was that it was not an S and I did not like the paint job / advertising on it.

15. Anyone know the silver paint spec for the engine case paint? My 999S has a small patch missing on the cases near the rear cylinder. It looks like it's a pooling point for liquid. I bought the bike like this and it hasn't gotten any worse, as the bije is garaged and rarely ridden in the rain by choice.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information