1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Triumph Street Triple R Abs Cat C Repaired

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by pingping010101, Dec 21, 2014.

1. The time has come for me to change bikes... again.

The Triumph has been a dream, possibly the best bike I have ever had, but it's time to try something new.

So here goes...

2014 Street Triple R. It's currently in storage so have no photos of it taken since the summer.

These photos show the bike fitted with a custom tank; the actual tank is white as per the standard bike. Also fitted with standard rad guards and fly screen so looks more like the stock photo now.

Bike is a CAT C write off. Forks were completely written off and front wheel. Bike has been repaired with Speed Triple forks and yokes, front wheel and Brembo callipers and master cylinder. Now stops at the merest thought and looks a little different to stock, with gold coloured KYB forks. Suspension set up by HM Racing in Chippenham, so works perfectly.

Some parts show evidence of damage, a small dent in the tank, a couple of nicks on the frame / engine case but nothing deep nor serious. The tank dent is the most evident injury. Bike works fantastically. I will ask MADASL if he has time to get a few photos of the dent and small nicks when he can.

Doesn't need an MOT for another 2 years (despite being a write-off, I investigated this requirement thoroughly.)

Only 2100 ish miles on the clock.

V5 Present.

Looking for £5000 ovno

Bike stored in Westbury and would be viewed in the care of MADASL Racing while I am working away.

If there is any interest please let me know.

View attachment 39857 View attachment 39858 View attachment 39859 View attachment 39860

IMG_3913.jpg

IMG_3914.jpg

IMG_3915.jpg

IMG_3916.jpg

IMG_3917.jpg

IMG_3918.jpg

DSCF1485.JPG

DSCF1486.JPG

DSCF1487.JPG

DSCF1488.JPG

DSCF1489.JPG

DSCF1490.JPG

DSCF1491.JPG

DSCF1492.JPG

DSCF1493.JPG

DSCF1494.JPG

#1 pingping010101, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  2. Absolutely bloody brilliant bikes, good luck with the sale bud

• Like Like x 1
  3. Do you think I have over priced this? Had a scout about and it's the cheapest available by well over £1800.

4. Cat C will put most buyers off. D less so, but same principle. If its a trade in price, which sounds like it is, probably about right imo.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dont know your circumstances but cat c dont sell too well at high prices. my eldest was paid out on his bandit 1200 and we bought it back off the insurance company for 10% of its value. so anything above what he re bought it for plus repairs is a bonus. his repairs were superficial paintwork to grab rail and indicator and lever, not heavy front end as in forks.might sell better as a track bike .
    nice looker but not at this for a cat bike. i could be wrong , good luck but wrong time of year

• Like Like x 1
  6. I sold a blade for 3500 when going private was c4300. That was cat d, no history

7. cat d would be lock set, levers, minor fairing, mirrors easy replaceable parts even then the stigma of a cat d puts some people off. cat b are total write offs sold to breakers only , too dangerous to put back on the road. the cat c could be higher cost too repair than value of bike but we have had one written off but convinced the insurance company we could repair cheaper than assessor quoted as payout wouldnt have bought another similar bike.
    your price on ebay is cheaper than here on the forum, bit more realistic compared to trade prices.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Going back a few years I dabbled in a few accident damaged bikes. You will be surprised at they way some get categorised with no real logic to it. For example I bought an 620i monster 1300 miles I was a Cat C it had bent handle bars, broken footpeg hanger and a couple of other minor cosmetic things, it cost me about £200 to make mint. Sold it no problem
    Next bike was an 06 Multi 1100s 12 months no more than 2500 miles on it. Bought it unseen, the forks were bent, all one side was wiped out the list went on and they was a Cat D. In the end I broke it as it was not viable and just about scraped my money back
    Personally if its be repaired correctly and the price reflects it then who cares! Says the man with a Cat C Panigale Tricolore for the price of a 999

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I have put some current pictures on.

10. My bike is a cat c , and that is for body work , 1 x handlebar and lever , rear light and fairing bracket , plus a few odds and ends .
    Why should that put any one off ?
    Sorry if I have hi jacked the thread !

11. If priced accordingly ( about 30% less than than going rate ) and replaced items listed then it's got to be worth considering. I've had a couple of Cat D's where the damaged parts have been replaced with 2nd hand parts of a much higher spec than originals. Doesn't put me off one bit...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information