1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Todays Tasks

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by TTonup, Dec 21, 2014.

1. 749s,,,,,,,today I want to remove the Termis for cleaning , to do this I must , I think, first remove the seat and rear sub frame etc , prob is the bike is in my mates front room and I don't want the place smelling of petrol so I want to leave the tank on. is this poss , is this nessassary and any tips on how, thnks Rod.

2. I have a 916,so obviously different.On mine the exhaust comes off without removing anything else.Have fun anyway.:upyeah:

3. Cant see why you have to take everythung off. If taking system back to headers, you will need access to rear cylinder, maybe airbox to tank lift?? Aren't this MY race freindy, ie like a 916 you can change things quickly without removing everything? (848 is terrible!!)

4. I can actually get at the rear manifold nuts as I already have the fairing and shock off,, it is more the tail I don't know about

5. Be amazed if its not just remove the seat unit

6. most write up say take both together but got to take fuel filter thingy out,, I guess I will just get in at it and find out,,, got one rite up " saved " where he explains a "how to" moving the tank but not removing it,,, just a bit late to take it all in last night..

7. all done,, q easy .

8. Termis , shock, seat all tidied up and back on,, Termis so so easy to work with,, quakity kit .
    today tidy up / paint the headlight surrounds .
    front and rear wheels off for clean up and red stripe,,
    back wheel off now,, so easy to work on this bike !!
    ( with some advice / help from a few helpful forum members,, thanks guys )

9. :) ,,front wheel off , red band on,, calipers , discs, forks , wheel etc. all cleaned, checked and refitted..

10. You doing well there Rod. What's next on your list then ? Replacing engine bolts for stainless is a nice touch !!!!!

11. Any pics?

12. thanks Nev , and for your help and advice,,,,done for the day,, would have been finished and fairings fitted but there is a little corrosion on the headlight surrounds , as most 749 ers will be familiar with, but as it is the only bit of corrosion on the whole bike i cant complain, and my ocdc has kicked in and i decided to give it a little rub down and paint so it will dry off over night.. few photos

006.jpg

008.jpg

006.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

019.jpg

13. Ha ha spot the racing use only on the can, looks nice and tidy though especially the red trellis frame its the one thing I mis on the new Duc's but I suppose that is technology for you not sure how much it improves the handling as my old 749 dark handled well enough.

I would like an 848 Evo again as I loved that bike and regretted getting rid of it.

14. whats a better bike out of an 848, 999 or a 749?

15. Thats a hard call mate, never owned a 999 but had one on loan for 2 weeks I really enjoyed riding it more poke than 749 obviously but handling the same, 848 Evo I would say power wise was on par with 999 and handling a bit better than its older sibling

16. i cant possibly answere that objectively !!,, personally i ido not like any bikes with just the one sided swing arm, so that , for me , rules out the 848, if one needs / wants the extra power then the 999 over the 749, but i went 749 because i was / am not looking for extreme speed so went 749 S thinking it would be nice light bike, but it is not so would have been as well going 999 which is more exp to buy and insure.. personally i am happy with my 749s ,, but i woud say that ma lord, wouldnt i !!
    also , again personally speaking, the 749 /999 is really the only Ducati , apart from the Pani-g ,that i like ..

17. just asking !,, is the 749 / 999 a good handling bike,, in comparison with eg, z600,, r6, blade,, not forgeting that i come from an era when bikes did not " handle "

18. The Pani g has a single sided swing arm ......... :) ok dont split hairs yes the 899 is not single but you did not stipulate so yes I am picking on you :p

I would op for the 999 over the 749 not for the extra speed but for the low and mid range grunt.

19. TT i come from same Era mate, I had a bash on 636 wasnt that impressed with it to be honest to much up and down the gears and screaming its nuts off, they handle well enough but I found the Ducati's give more confidence and yes probably all in my head apart from up and down the gears on a 600

20. i am kind of glad that i cannot justify the Pani asking price because i would be in a real fkn quandry as whither to go with the sswa or get the better looking 899 !!!,, but i dont need to dwell too much on that !!!,, maybe if i was in that money bracket i could spec a full swing arm 1199 !

Do Not Sell My Personal Information