1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bennetts - Customer "service"... Abysmal !

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by JR45, Jul 19, 2014.

1. I have defended Bennetts in the past - I have been a customer for many years and, personally, have never had any problems with them : until now...
    I renewed my "multi-bike" policy (Ducati ST4 and Laverda 750 Formula) by phone at the beginning of June. Despite asking for the policy documents to be sent by post, they arrived by e-mail. Three weeks after renewing I got a letter saying that I still owed the full amount and if I didn't pay they would cancel the policy. I phoned the "customer service" department and was told, basically, that it was not their fault and that I should check with my bank. Having checked with the bank, I found that Bennetts HAD taken money from my account - over £30 more than they should have done ! I went back to Bennetts, who denied all knowledge of any transaction; they were spectacularly unhelpful and obstructive. My bank supplied the transaction authorisation code, even that wasn't good enough for Bennetts. Their next action was to send me a letter threatening me with a debt collection agency if I didn't pay ! After many e-mails (I gave up trying to e-mail them, they NEVER answer e-mails) and several lengthy phone calls I have finally got them to admit that it was their mistake - no phone call, no letter of apology, just one short e-mail saying I will get a refund and my insurance will not be cancelled. The refund has not yet materialised (surprise, surprise...).
    In the meantime, I tried to add my new Honda CRF on to my "multi-bike" policy - turns out that "multi" isn't what it sounds like. Two is fine - three is far too difficult. They then tried to offer me a separate policy - costing more than the existing policy does. A quick check with the friendly meercat got me insurance from Saga (one advantage of being old) for less than a third of what Bennetts wanted...
    The upshot is - despite being a Bennetts customer for nearly three decades, this is the last time I will ever use them... Their customer service is nothing short of appalling !

• Like Like x 1
  2. The ironic thing is they have adverts all over the motorcycle press saying how great their customer service is and how they are the most recommended insurer... Utter drivel ! And I still haven't got my £30 back either...

3. July 17th - "the situation has now been rectified and the refund will be processed back into your account within seven working days".
    August 10th (sixteen working days later) - still waiting...

4. Any joy yet?

5. If its any help I found the help and assistance from 4th dimension one of their operating partners to be absolutely abysmal too... just never returned any emails or phone calls and even though I finished the deal they still haven't noticed, agreed or even commented to date

• Like Like x 1
  6. Postscript to the original post...
    Got the money back, eventually (in September)... No apology from Bennetts, just a very short e-mail.
    Well - the renewal has just arrived. "we have checked everywhere, and this is the cheapest quote available..."
    Oh really ? Five minutes on the internet got it 10% cheaper... Bye-bye Bennetts !

Do Not Sell My Personal Information