1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Touring Holiday Now Sorted.

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by Red Steve/Yellow Dave, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Yes Freiburg im Breisgau. Thanks for your tips on accommodation. I have a friend who owns his own travel agency so usually let him source the hotels for us, but I'll pass on these to him. It's a two night stop here, so something with a sauna & a pool would be great. We prefer to eat in local restaurants as opposed to the hotel, and always go for a central position close to other bars & restaurants where we can walk to and from in the evening. Once we've decided on each hotel I'll update the thread.

2. Thanks, sounds like just the sort of places we like to stop at for a coffee and a little rest too.

3. Re riding in shorts etc. I guess it's a personal choice but for me it's leathers all the way or maybe a pair of Kevlar jeans if it was on a road I knew really well. I've had a couple of spills on my road bike (cycle) and given they were at relatively low speeds and knowing the damage done to my hands, knees and thighs I really wouldn't run the risk on my ST3.

4. Well, if they lasted 10 years they can't have been too bad;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. :upyeah:

6. My second worst spill for injuries was in the south of France ,way back when no one made you put a helmet on,and riding in swimming costume I came off on a hairpin bend at 10 mph. Road rash all down one side,which then got infected by the seawater. Puss and pain for 10 days. I was 18 at the time. But never again. No matter how hot,even in nearly 40c in Spain etc,it's leathers all day long. They saved me and my skin when I came off at about 100 mph. Definately worth putting up with being a bit too hot.

7. All hotels now booked, and bike booked in for a service plus new tyres & MOT tomorrow at Louigi Moto.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information