1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Brake Lever Guards

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Spjallen, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Just ordered another set of these for when I smash mine up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I just used the brake one, figured I'd make the clutch one fit when I need to

• Like Like x 1
  3. You can do that easily, just have the two grub screws showing. I split mine with a mate so only have the one fitted which I'm sure will get trashed in time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cant belive someone agreed you'd trash your bike Drinky ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Obviously a realist mate, my spares pack is getting bigger by the day, I'm pretty certain it's going to happen. How's yours coming on, all ready for next season?

6. Well...it started and runs, have just filled with antifreeze (remember to if you havent) and ran on dyno ok so expecting it to be alright, not certain brakes are right tho, still feels a little spongy, no rear brake with the rear sets I fitted, the bars I fitted dont lock in perfectly so may move up and down under action. Hoping the short it has doesnt get worse in my damo garage.

Yep all ready to ho ho go

Thinking of doing Brands on 24 Jan to at least try it before I ship to Spain

7. Think I just need to do an oil change and wire lock the oil plugs and strainer, Dyno runs and fairings. Oh and practice!

8. Shouldn't need antifreeze as the garage is pretty warm but good reminder. I need to get a TD booked up early next year as the last outing at Rockingham it was running on one cylinder intermittently, changed the plugs and it seems to be OK now but not had it under load. A TD will see if it's fixed properly otherwise it could be the coils which are a bastard to get at.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Just about to get one of these; you sure they will pass scrutineering ?

Cheers,

Bob

10. I'm not sure bob. But I don't see why not.

11. I was just wondering it it had to be powered off the bike; or if it was ok to run off batteries?
    Cheers,
    Bob

12. Ok to run off batteries

13. Regs as follows

All motorcycles must have a functioning red light mounted at the rear of the machine to be used in rain or low visibility conditions as instructed by Race Control. The team must ensure that the light is switched on whenever a rain tyre is fitted on the motorcycle and/or when any practice or race is declared “wet” by Race Control.

Lights must comply with the following:

a) lighting direction must be parallel to the machine centre line (motorcycle running direction), and clearly visible from the rear at least 15 degrees to both left and right sides of the machine centre line.

b) mounted on the seat/rear bodywork approximately on the machine centre line, in a position approved by the Chief Technical Officer. In case of dispute over the mounting position or visibility, the decision of the Chief Technical Officer will be final.

c) power output/luminosity equivalent to approximately: 10 – 15W (incandescent) 0.6 – 1.8 W (LED).

d) the switch must be accessible.

e) rain light power supply may be separated from the motorcycle main wiring and battery.

14. Ok, many thanks...
    I'll be buying one in minutes few then ;-)
    Cheers,
    Bob

15. precision engineering?......:Woot:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information