1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feb Superbike - Scrambler Review.

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by comfysofa, Jan 27, 2015.

1. As above thought you would like to know. While im still not a fan and wouldnt own one....looking at the optional pictured style options i am softening to its looks...the black one looks the best...whichever that one is...pictured in the mag that is!

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. And i was trying to be nice as well....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. As opposed to predictable?

Following the press launch all the magazines I've seen this month have reviews. The ones I've read have all been pretty positive as well, how awful for you chaps.

4. Not really. At least i was being open and honest.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I've not seen a bad review, either printed or digital.

They have all said their piece about the whys and wherefores of the marketing approach, but in the end they've all said its a great bike.

That'll do for me. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. I put this on another thread, don't know how my impressions stack up against the pro's.

• Like Like x 1
  7. One of the reviews said something along the lines of " being ideal for the new biker" now when I was growing up Ducati was the poster on the wall, the dream and it took many years of graft and dreaming to get a bike that was ridden by gods at break neck speeds looking cool surrounded by chicks...isn't that what bikes are about ?:)

Now they are selling the hipster image...young trendy wannabes ....known in my day as yuppies...

While I like the bike I am not sure about the sickly branding and lifestyle garb they are selling with it...

No doubt sell in boat loads but I wonder how many will be on the second hand market when the novelty wears off and how much will they be then.

8. It's only only the latest shit-hottest superdooperbikes that fall out of favour quickly, purely because they get superceded so often. That's why you can buy ten year old GSXRs and R1s for pennies, cos they ain't the latest and greatest no more. Bikes like the Scrambler don't suffer such ignominy; they ain't trying to be the best at anything, they're just trying to be a bit cool. They may not sell in droves over here, but in Italy and France they'll go doolally for them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sounds like it's not for you, I think the Desmosedici or Honda RCV213V-S is more your cup of tea. Have fun!!

10. Ouch :)

I take it you have ordered one jerry :upyeah:

I don't dislike it but correct me if am wrong there are plenty of Ducati riders who knock Harley ownership and the whole "life style" thing ...and isn't the scrambler trying to grab a piece of that same thing...

I did say in my previous that I LIKE the bike, I really do....but will it be a trendy fashion item today that ends up with lots of them back in show rooms possibly biting ducati on the arse in 18 months

Are they a "keeper" type bike or a swap it after a summer of fun...just asking NOT slating the bike or anyone who buys one...god knows I may end with one myself...particularly the one with the "flat track" style pipe

11. Yes, that's precisely what they're doing. The Scrambler accessory book will piss all over anything Harley has ever printed...

But that's the point, this is a type of bike that will sell for years; not perhaps in huge numbers, but it'll sell without needing an expensive revamp for a long time, and turn a healthy profit which will go towards funding yet more outrageous sports missiles. You should be pleased really.

12. Ok ok figaro

I admit it I really do like it including the fecking clothing catalogue the brown boots are cool as feck.....when really I should hate myself for that

Damn a trip to a dealer tomorrow to have a proper good nosey at it...;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. I reckon you'd look good with a check shirt and an inappropriate beard:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  14. I have ordered 1. Test rode it on Wednesday and placed my order straight after. I've been riding simple "naked" bikes for a year or 2 now. Had a Speed Triple, the very first model with the twin exhausts, then thought it would be nice to have a Monster but noticed how much cheaper the Cagiva Raptor is for what is very much a bike in the same mould. Easy to ride V twin, decent handling but I wanted even simpler i.e. air cooled. Don't know why it's just me harking back to a different era. So when the Scrambler was launched it was almost as if Ducati had asked me to write the specification.
    So it's got nothing to do with lifestyle but all to do with life experience, I've been riding bikes for 40 odd years and I know what I want. I don't need some marketing guru to target me. I reckon he'd miss anyway.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Careful mate theyll be chucking their fortnum & mason hampers at you soon! :) :) :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. I think I am going to have to groom myself thus, so that I can present one image when out on the Full Throttle and the other when on the HYM SP...

half-beard-.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. My only worry is that if the hipsters jump on the band wagon and direct access their way to bikes in a rush to be cool the bike accident stats go up and we get it more in the neck about bikes being dangerous and they make the license even harder to get.

Nothing against the bike, different strokes for different folks. Wouldn't get a yellow one though.

18. Ps. I wonder if Dainese will bring out leathers with turnups.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Hey - at least there'll be loads of second hand spares going cheap!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information