1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mono To Bip - What To I Need??? 916 Senna

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Balmy, Jan 27, 2015.

1. I know it's the opposite way around to what most people do but I'd like to take a pillion on my Senna. Ideally swap quickly between the two.
    Guess I need subframe, plastics and pillion seat?
    Next question-anyone got one for sale? Obviously Id need to get the seat unit sprayed in Senna colours.

2. Got a yellow Biposto seat unit from a 748S (no seats tho') if it'd help

3. You'll also need the pillion pegs, undertray and the bracket that holds the catch on the seat, plus the rider's seat pad on the biposto is different to the mono so you'll need that.

If you can get the complete seat with all the hardware then you can swap between seats in seconds as the mono seat will fit the biposto subframe.

4. Easiest thing is to download a parts manual and you can compare what you have with what you need. Front hinge and seat lock plate and buffers will swap over along with rear light mounting pegs.

You will need to coil the mono part of the harness round to get it to mate with the ECU as it is longer and there is not that much spare space under a biposto seat so make sure the wiring does not chafe.

5. I have a red BP seat with all the bits you need for a 10 second swap. Seat pads, light cluster and front bracket.

I used to do this on my 748R so that the little woman could come for a ride out on ocassion.Sacriledge i know .

£125 + post

Post code is sg2 by the way.

#5 Desmoboy, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  6. You were kind enough to send me an MCN when this Forum first started Balmy so I'm happy to give you a seat in good condition but eve better if you are respraying anyway. It only has the pillion seat though and no hinge or brkts. I would prefer not to post though is the main drawback and I can't remember where you live.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ive got a biposto sub frame for sale if your interested mate?? pm for details

8. Ditto on the biposto frame available - I picked one up years ago to convert my SP into a two seater - but the ecu placement made it too big a ball ache for me to bother for the one or two rides a year the wife might've joined me on!! It's only collecting dust in the shed! Sold the seat unit way back sorry! Pm if u want it!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information