1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Sat Nav Mount

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Rollin Bone, Jan 19, 2015.

1. New Multi arrived sat, already planning trip to Alps this year, looking for advice where to mount Garmin 350 and best place to take power feed.

Regards RB

2. There is a power lead just behind lhs panel, just need to strip and solder/crimp wires.

There are a few makes of nav holder, navihalter?? Seems to be one many use

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Oh, look up andyw multistrada oage, tells you all you need to know

4. Navihalter is probably the best as it lifts it up above the clocks. If you email the site owner he is very helpful.
    Ducati - Artikel - Online-Shop

I originally used one of these with my Garmin (which had a mount and extension arm already) to replace one of the handle bar yoke bolts. Works OK if you don't have a tank bag, but is a bit low when you are riding.
    RAM Mount UK

There are lots of other components here as well:
    RAM Mount UK

More ideas here (Andy's pages)
    Motorcycle Info Pages -

MTS1200 DIY Mods > MTS1200 GPS Mounting

5. Look up motorrad-id.com just bought their sat nav mount from eBay,neat & tidy good job.
    For the record I was really disappointed with the navihalter,I found it obscured part of the clocks, vibrated at low speeds and was quite close to your face if you tucked in behind the screen.
    Hope this helps,you pays yer money and takes yer choice!

6. I use the Navihalter and don't really get any issues with vibration, it does bounce a little though over rough road. I ran it with a Garmin 660 and now a 590 and with the screen in the lowest setting it obscures the engine management light (2013 model), no issue with the rest of the clock face. I put the screen up a click or two and its fine. I find the safety and benefit of something more eye line outweigh any minor niggles. I also run with a tankbag when touring so the handle bar mount was not a real option, or at least for me. As you say though, whatever suits.

7. +1 for the Navihalter on my 2012 bike (3 bolt screen). Excellent bit of kit for my Garmin 350

8. I think this will be about the same as the OEM Ducati mount for the Garmin, in that if you have a tank bag, the bottom of the screen is obscured, and if you raise it up or roll it back around the handlebar clamp, it obscures the indicator lights. My solution was to offset the bracket to the left on the clamp.
    However, I'm still looking for a mount that's well built, looks good, and put's the Garmin in a place you can use it without interfering with other functions.
    Being only 5'9" in height I find the placement above the clocks more distracting than helpful.

#8 DesmoDerek, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  9. Strange, I'm 5'9" and I find the Navihalter ideal, I had to move the pikes peak screen up towards the top if I'm using that but otherwise it worked well for me.

It worked well with a tank bag, I found it displayed the satnav just below my main sight line when I was riding but was easy to glance at on the move. I did have to fiddle with it a bit to get it just right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. It's not strange, just a matter or preference.
    However looking at your PP it has a different screen adjustment set up than my 2014, and although they claim it does not interfere with the function of the adjuster, I've read a lot of reviews from buyers that say otherwise.

11. I have a navihalter with the touratech garmin mount and a Zumo 590 on my PP - agree that it does make moving the screen on the move more awkward and with the added weight of the touratech mount the movement is quite noticeable so plan is to fit a bracing strut to attach the mount direct to the screen to reduce flex - will post pics later - however as a setup it works really well

• Like Like x 1
  12. I used the Touratech package (this, and this) and loved them for practical reasons. In the end I found the whole mount too bulky although the locking mechanism was convenient. I now use the 12mm bar still, and have just attached the standard 350 motorcycle mount to it with two plastic clamps. Works perfectly (good placement, good visibility, not in the way, not too bulky, ...)

13. I have 350 just mounted on left bar using kit that comes with sat nav did 2k mile tour to Italy last year worked a treat. Can send you photo if your are interested

14. That would be great.

Thanks.

15. I'm away tonight will post photo tomorrow for you

16. Thanks for all your suggestions finally settled on the one from Motorrad-id.com.
    Thanks RB.

17. Photos as promised give me a shout if you need any more info, wiring in is dead easy specific power lead for Sat nav under LH fairing panel[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. So this is the Ducati Garmin set up I have now.
    [​IMG]
    You can see the tank bag sits quite high on the tank ring. I use this set up because I have a Tiger Explorer as well as the Multi and I can move the tank bag from bike to bike with ease.
    [​IMG] The placement is OK but obscures the bottom of the GPS screen or the turn signal lights when in the standard mounting position. This above image shows the placement to the left. Fuzy picture I'm afraid, but shows how the bracket clamps to the handle bar.
    [​IMG]
    Below shows how I moved the bracket on the holder so it shifts the unit to the left. This is workable, but the bracket holes are not quite rectangular leaving the GPS on a slight tilt. I'm going to have to get a new plate machined to square it all up and enable me to use all the mount bolts to secure it in place.
    [​IMG]

Do Not Sell My Personal Information