1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back From Servicing

Discussion in 'D16 Desmosedici RR' started by Dave, Jan 22, 2015.

1. JHP dropped my D16 back from servicing today. Just need some half decent weather now :Bored:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. kerching!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. .....

Unknown.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Free servicing for first 3 years me thinks

5. Yes ... And sadly this is the third year. One more free service left.

6. And then it stays in the garage under a nice warm blanket. Forever ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Or in the house where my SPS is at the moment ;-)

[​IMG]

To be honest it is a bit of a dilemma - especially now I've got the 888 as well (and the ST4s, and the 848 - and the Superduke, and the RGVs).

It is arranging and getting the servicing done that is a right ball-ache on these older bikes ... and it's bloody expensive. I can't bring myself to sell any of them, but it doesn't do them much good just sitting there under dust covers.

I'm wondering about using a different one of the superbikes on the road each year and keeping the other two SORNed. At least that way I'll get to enjoy them all equally, they'll all get used a bit, and I'll only have to service one of them every year.

I dunno :confused:

Still - nice problem to have I guess :cool:

#7 Dave, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Ah of course, you bought one that had been sitting around awhile has it really been towards three years, i remember you posting about getting it.

9. Time flies doesn't it

I bought it in Nov 2012 so this the last year of warranty and free servicing. My plan is to ride it as much as possible this year - Jerez, Prescott, IOM. Assen, Scotland and more - and then get it serviced just before the 3 yrs is up in November. Next year I'll probably SORN it, stick it in my house and use the 888 on the road and the 848 on track.

10. My Desmo was cheaper to service than my Streetfighter S. No belts you see.

Currently gatering dust (literally) as my garage project goes on. :Woot:

IMG_2446.JPG

IMG_2435.JPG

#10 Robarano, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
  11. How many miles have you done @Robarano ? Have you had the 15,000 mile service done yet?

12. 2,700. Probably why it's never cost me much. No valve adjustments yet Dave.

13. 24 hours labour for the 15K service supposedly - and its the valve replacement you want to worry about! I'd like to get mine done before I lose the free servicing but I'll struggle to get enough miles in one year - its taken me two to get to 9K.

14. I'll give you a hand

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. how did you convince your bird to let you bring bike in the house? mine is not happy and i've tried all the usual bribes. if i get space agreed to move bike in the house i can buy one more to stick in the garage

16. He has a nice bird Lol I just can't imagine Donna as a bird

17. It's either that behind the sofa or.....Harry Stiles, Justin Bieber, Chris Martin, Alan Titmarsh.... ( delete as apllicable) :Muted:

18. I just followed the advice here. Works wonders ... How to Keep Your Girlfriend Happy (with Pictures) - wikiHow ;-)

19. Wanted wanted wanted - pictures of rgv's (please)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Well, were you capable of affording a Desmo, an 888, an SPS, and all the other toys... just trade the parking spot for a new prada handbag and shoes on demand :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information