1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best 900ss Ie Tyres?

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by general_piffle, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Any 900SS IE tyre recommendations? Mine need replacing soon. The rear in particular is on its way out.

Had a look in 'search' but couldn't find what I was looking for. Thanks.

2. Just to add this is for road use only. Thanks.

3. Michelin PR3/4, great wet or dry, long lasting and reasonable cost, I like the profile as well.

4. Thanks Dave. Invercargill, isn't that where Burt Munro hails from?

5. I run Bridgestone BT020 front and rear which really work well for me. Looking to change to BT030 in the future.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. I have Michelin pilot road on my 900ss ie and I don't like them,the front seems a bit vague and the rear is on its way out anyway. I have always been a bridgestone man so I am going to put some BT016s on it. Will post the results soon!!!!

7. So what was the final decision, which did you go for?
    I currently have Michelin pilot sports on which need renewal (been on since 2010) and I'd be interested to see what other are using.

8. Are you saying "need renewal" as a result of being 5 years old? I know that there is talk of tyre age becoming an MoT matter, and also that tyres do deteriorate with age, but I have to used tyres a fair bit older than that, and they still felt fine (in the dry anyway). I did draw the line at 10 years plus on one second-hand bike acquisition, after I had ridden it for a few months and realised from the date markings how old the tyres were!

I have BT021s on the SSie, which seem to work well, but they are quite old.

#13 Recidivist, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  9. The tyres are being replaced due to wear not due to age, backs flat in the middle front was slightly newer but wont get through this years MOT. I will be interested to see what people think of the bridgestone's overall

10. I'm putting BT016 on it they are a great tyre as I have them on my bandit which when riding the difference is apparent compared to the Michelins!

11. I'm considering Bridgestones for my 750s ie when the current Michelins expire. Not liking the Michelins at all, if I'm honest.

The bike had Bridgestones years ago and they were great. Anyone have any comments about BT016s/BT021s/other? The bike will be used mainly for commuting, a lot of straight-up roads so I am guessing a dual-compound is a must.

With this kind of usage envisioned - any suggestions or thoughts?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information