1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Rob, Jun 2, 2014.

1. When I bought the 899 at launch last year cheapest I could insure it was £785, at the time with Ebike.
    This year I'm with Ducati Insurance for £282, so over £500 saved.
    Odd thing is on the 848 was only paying £195 and I've had no claims between bikes / years.
    They get my business this year.

2. Worked well for me for the modded 848 trackbike :)

3. Hi,

Laid up policies are something we've been trying to get for years. Underwriters argue that the premiums they set factor in that most of the risk is during the "riding" season and that their prices assume only Fire & Theft cover will be needed for the inclement part of the year.

So, sorry but no not at the moment.

4. Big thankyou to Mark from Ducati insurance,was a pleasant change to talk to someone who knows about bikes and never asked me if the pani had a sidecar,great price for my multi bike policy.I did like the Irish birds accent from Carol Nash,i made her say panigale a few times .

5. Very useful today when adding the new KTM on... minimal fuss and discussion, just done and dusted.

6. Would Ducati Insurance be a good option for a new rider? I'm in the process of getting my full licence, should be all done and dusted within the next few weeks. I'm looking to insure a 748S.

7. Always happy to quote ... call the office and they'll refer it to me (Charlie) 0344 8800 960 or you can do a quote on-line and send me the reference as it almost certainly won't quote automatically (or sanely!) on a 748S until you've had your full licence for a while.

8. Just came back to you this year with my Multistrada - £187 for the year, very happy.

FYI:
    Carole Nash were a little more and had a higher excess (£250 vs £450). Although their European breakdown cover would have been a nice bonus. Is this something you have considered offering?

Bennets - more expensive, didn't bother haggling costs with them, I like to be offered a sensible renewal cost, otherwise I just swap.

Confused - some cheaper, but large excesses and many companies I've never heard of.

9. Hi,

Always glad to hear from customers returning happy.

Your're right about the price comparison websites ... high excesses, high administration charges and draconian cancellation fees; oh yes and a lot of them operate their own repair networks and claims handling services too (not that I'm saying that could be considered a conflict of interest!) - all the usual reasons why the prices are "cheap".

We can offer European Breakdown Cover as an extra - give us a call if you'd like to add it.

10. I tried Ducati Insurance, albeit a couple of years ago, and they seemed genuinely surprised/shocked that I had so many modifications on my 916 - does no-one modify Ducatis? (or, at least declare said mods to the insurance).

Anyway the price was way too high, there was no breakdown/recovery included and in the end the adviser 'advised' me to try Carole Nash because of their included breakdown.

CN were completely happy with the level of modifications and gave me an 'agreed value' of around double market value & breakdown/recovery for around half the price of DI.

Given that they were nowhere near competitive for my Ducati insurance I'm not quite sure what Ducati insurance's USP is?... :confused:

11. Does indeed sound odd - we've always been accommodating as far as mods and accessories are concerned and in answer to your question yes lots of people do add, change or rebuild their bikes and yes we do cover them. Recommending a competitor is an interesting approach - can only apologise if it was us (companies have marketed/alluded to being us in the past), or think that you caught someone having a very bad day!

12. It was definitely you, I got the info off your website, anyway I've recently renewed this year so OK for now, maybe I should give you a call next year? - happy to try. For the record I'd be looking for multibike (not all Ducati), modified, agreed value with recovery.

13. In that case I apologise unreservedly.

Yes, please do contact us and I'll see what I can do in way of an apology (no problem with multi-bike policy of mixed-parentage).

14. Speaking only as a satisfied customer I've found DI much the most sensible in terms of the usual Duc mods (and I have a multibike policy as well).

15. @Ducati Insurance

Doing the usual ringing around to sort my insurance out and surprising Ducati insurance are only about £100 more this year than my cheapest quote. Spoke to a nice guy called Mark who was really helpful. He seemed to know exactly what was talking about so decided to pay a bit extra for a better service.....

However ive just called to buy the policy and spoke to a lady who wasnt quite as helpful. Id noticed amongst the small print something that worried me - Apparently because ive declared that both bikes have Almax series 4 chains and ground anchors they must be fitted at all times otherwise im not covered for theft.....

And yes i mean they must be fitted when im out on a ride and leaving the bike somewhere.... how on earth can i take Almax 1.5metre series 4 chain on a panigale , and a cemented in ground anchor...... Every insurance ive every held has accepted that they are home security... i might as well take a rottweiler with me too if im carrying all that...

Waiting for a call back from Mark now as i cant believe they actually want someone to carry a 15kg chain, lock and anchors around....

16. I did try ducati insurance, but you guys were nearly £900, MCE were only a smidge over £300

17. Same here, DI wanted £1200+ for my 749, bennets £350 all in. I realise only having a license a year makes a difference, I wouldn't have minded paying 100 extra(£2 a week is nothing), but nearly triple plus extras is a bit steep, but will try again next year.

18. My Termignoni Exhaust System has no marking on it as in E-marks or Not For Road Use, how would that effect a quotation?

19. ;)

#59 Hyperextended, Aug 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
  20. It is normal for Insurance companies to only replace damaged parts with original equipment. From my experience unless the bike is delivered with manufacturers' upgrades and they are declared as factory or dealer fitted, you will not get them replaced after an accident. I pay a little extra on my current insurance for the after market carbon and the Akrapovic end can. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information