1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Muck-off

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by scsialan, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Utter rot.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yep, terrible idea to use household cleaner

Stick to mr sheen

3. I remember using fairy liquid on my scalextrix track when I was a kid to try and make the cars go sideways. The track turned to brown rust over night!

4. I used to put flour on mine so it would kick up dust as they went through it like the Dukes of Hazard.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I used to put flour on mine so it would kick up dust as they went through it like the Dukes of Hazard.

6. Washing-up liquid having salt in it is good enough reason for me not to use it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. £18.30 for 2 bottles and free cloth on Amazon !

Going to try as can't get those wipes anymore

8. Don't get a single drop on the seat. It'll never be right again and you'll have to buy a new one.

9. What is it with Ducati owners? Why spend half an hour and some loose change cleaning you bike when you can spend ten hours and a hundred quid..?

For the love of god, just take it to the nearest Polish car wash and let the pros deal with it. There'll be nothing left of it by the time you lot are finished.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Feel free to take your bike to the polish lot, and then watch it dissolve over time because of the mega chemicals they ue, while I simply use pound shop mr sheen, pound shop cloth and if its really bad soak in cheap wd40 substitute and rinse off

Proper high cost cleaning :upyeah:

11. Here's a thing. A mate of mine bought a brand new Suzuki Bandit about ten years ago just to commute to the train station. As far as I know he's never cleaned it. I had to stop him riding it about 5 years ago cos the chain was dragging along the tarmac; to my certain knowledge that was the last time it was adjusted or lubed.

Yes, it's rusty (it is a Suzuki after all), but he got the local boy scouts to give it a clean last summer and it came out bloody immaculate. So much so I thought he'd part-ex'd it.

What I'm saying is, just ride the bloody thing, throw a bucket of water over it occasionally, and stop worrying about it so much. Jeez.

12. It's called ocd

And some men aren't allowed to take it out of the garage at weekends ;)

Plus if your bikes dirty it messes up your white leathers :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. You can't have a Ducati and not be interested in clean and shiny! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Youve never seen my bikes, have you ;)

15. Again, youve never seen my bikes, have yiu ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. I've had two of 'em. Both were spotless thanks to Fairy and Mr Sheen.

17. We got plenty of them here in the Middle Kingdom, spot the difference?

[​IMG]

Usually soak my bikes with S100 or Muc-Off for 10-15min., wash the entire bike with hot water / proper car shampoo, rinse thoroughly to remove all chemicals, let the bikes dry, spray the entire bike with ArmorAll (not onto tyres / brakes of course) and wipe off ~ easy as....

18. I just picked up my first can of ACF50, anywhere I should NOT squirt it apart from brakes?

19. I use Sdoc100 to clean and AFC 50 to protect

20. Don't point it at the missus, she'll retaliate with mace...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information