1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's Going On With My Exhaust Pipe?

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by JIMMYRAY31B, Feb 28, 2015.

1. I noticed this a couple of weeks ago when I pulled it out of my garage to wash it. October was the last time I had it out riding, so it sat for a few months until I pulled it out to ride it again. This photo was taken only a few days ago after another wash to it. FYI this is a stone cold pipe in the photo, not hot. What do you reckon this could be from? Corrosion on the pipe?

Could this be a warranty issue?

[​IMG]

2. Mine is the same - I've tried cleaning it with 'Wonder Wheels' but it only made a temporary difference.

3. From a quality of fixings angle id say its just corroding....

4. Wire wool and brasso needeed and a bit of elbow grease

5. Wire wool and brasso needeed and a bit of elbow grease

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yep - just finished replacing the fuel pump seal on my hyper - as per usual with ducati's all the alloy around the fuel pump casting has gone chalky....a good clean out and ive got a good seal now....not to mention the fucking 33 quid for a rubber o-ring!

7. What product are you guys using or recommend to use on corrosion? I'm also getting corrosion on places around the bike.

All this just from one 200+ mile round trip in the rain to London for the MCN bike show a few weeks ago, and now all this corrosion is happening. Even gave it a spray and dry when I got home before putting it up.

8. If it's like the SS it's a stainless pipe. Bad news is that it's 303 grade, so typically ends up like this. It can be bought back with wire wool / fine wet & dry / autosol, but it's a hell of a lot of work, and will end up the same again.

9. doesn't surprise me at all...most of my hypers fixings have been replaced. A shed load of powder coating done..its what comes with the territory.

10. Sorted mine out with autosol. ACF50 seems to keep it looking nice for longer. I just spray the whole bike with it and let it dry :D

11. ACF50 is awesome but when you say the whole bike I take it you mean excluding the brakes!!

12. Nope, keeps them nice and shiny, along with the tyres...;)

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information