1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Pictures

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by ian899, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Sell it to me Ian (the CB not the laver da)

2. Oh Cobra I think you have caught the bug .These old things make a pleasant change from the fuel injected , electronic suspension , belt changing money pits we are all riding round on . mind you I have yet to ride the old fella . I just hope its been worth the effort .
    I cant wait to be in the holding bay at Cadwell next spring to see the response from the gixer boys the won't know what it is

3. Lol

I probably couldn't afford it anyway ;).

Looks superb anyway.

4. IMG_0243.JPG IMG_0241.JPG The beast lives and breathes , nearly done , ready to experience old school handling now !!

IMG_0242.JPG

• Like Like x 8
  5. I'd take that over a 1299, for definite.

If you got a pro to build it for you it'd cost a lot more than a 1299 too. I'd still take it.

6. Looks fantastic Ian, I love these :upyeah:

7. Thank you for your kind comments chaps , the pictures make you a little exited huh ?
    I recon its cost a quarter of the price of an 1199 Fig .
    I was thinking the other day . its an all weather bike ,build / tinker with it during the winter and use it when the weather sorts itself out .
    The pleasure to be had doing a project is unreal as well as addictive , I haven't watched one episode of Strictly ,Silent Witness etc etc .
    I have a 1098r in the garage , its an electric version , well it might as well be as its hooked up to an optimate for most of the time , the Honda has kept me occupied and sane during those long winter nights and freezing weekends.
    There's still a few points to address , the main one being front calliper adaptors , my mate Brian is waiting for the delivery of a milling machine and he says these will be the first job .
    I've been very lucky to have a great bunch of mates who are more than willing to help with things I can't do , since I started this every one of them has entered the black hole of project building.
    Do any of you guys on here know what the best traction control setting and belt service intervals are on an 82 CB900 are ?
    Ian

• Like Like x 2
  8. Heh. Yep. On my first build too. Its physically all together and starting up. Got a mate whoose an electrical engineer and tomorrow night we'llbe starting the wiring....

9. My build is talking a little longer :Wideyed:
    Great result :upyeah:

10. Thanks Exige I'm following your build , every time you post a picture I have to touch myself

• Like Like x 1
  11. I was going to give you a 'like' but couldn't bring myself to somehow :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  12. The start of another project , I am going to try to get the seller to come down in price

039.JPG

13. Why? Good price if the bucket and sign are included :D

14. I'm not sure they're the correct front forks in the pic, and the back brake disc needs skimming.

Is it a Ner-A-Car..?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information