1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flaking Paint

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Strada_Stu, Jun 7, 2012.

1. My engine has been photographed today due to bubbling paint around oil sight glass window and other side of engine. Was in/still is in my local dealers for coolant and rear brake mods. Will see if it's done under warranty! 11 plate 1200ST with 1200 miles. ACF50 is now my best friend!!
    Have booked test rides for new GS and KTM. Still having fun on the Multistroodle though.

2. Just spoke to my dealer, the engine casings are being done under warranty. Both sides had started bubbling up. 12000 miles and 18 months old, always garaged and washed. Maybe Audi paint will be thicker and bond to metal with a bit more enthusiasum?

3. Dont expect anything better of the GS for paint, mate has had two from new and both were back for problems with paint, engine casing included. Also leaking drive shaft seals. Better than another friend though who had his right side conrod bid for freedom. I had a long hard look at the new GS, to me its just a heap load more potential problems than the old one.
    KTM may be worth a look but they also have issues, not least very high oil consumption. With the cost of fuel I dfont want to add up to a litre of oil every 1500 miles. I kid you not as I have seen it 1st hand.
    I dont think any bikes are finished well these days due to cuts in cost of manufacture. Mentioning ACF50, I had to clean my fuse box, replace all fuses and spray all connectors etc on my K8 gsxr after a corrosion related breakdown. Mileage? 5k!

4. I don't think any bikes are better to be honest.

The problem with these cases are that they are exposed, and get all the stone chips.

5. Wish I had seen this before buying a new 2012 696. Same engine paint issues on mine after 1 year plus paint on headlight surround peeled and flaked. About 1000 miles at the time and ridden once in wet weather pre winter. Laid up Oct to March in a garage. Dealer said before they'd even seen it if there was any other indication of rust they would do nothing and didn't. Emailed Ducati several times with no success. Shocking paint quality and no care for buyers. Wouldn't buy another if they paid me.

6. Hi got 2011 multistrada st clutch side on mine has flaked. Done 9500 miles,

Do Not Sell My Personal Information