1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The One That Got Away....

Discussion in 'Sport Classic' started by Weeksy, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Sometimes you look back and think "why did you sell that...." I always had it with my old SC1000, however even more so when the prices went insane.

To think I only sold it for £4200 LOL. Had only 3500 miles on the clocks at the time, Termis, open cover etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ar the long lost and never forgotten...mine would be my 916SPS, was mint when I bought if from Wilf at Motorapido, not mint after a winter or two in my garage, broke it and sold it to get any money back..cost me £7500, got £7k back in parts, probably worth similar money or a bit more now.

Hangs head in shame

3. I know where mine is, I sold it to a mate, sadly I can't afford to buy it back from him hahahahaa.

The 749 was Mrs Weeksys bike, but TBH neither of us really gelled with it.

4. Kept all mine that I would have missed apart from a Factory built (i.e. not a frame kit) Kawasaki Z1b Rickman :( bought in 1982 for £1200 and sold a year or so later for £1200 to a guy who came all the way from Devon to York on the back of his mates GS850 to pick it up.

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  5. My two are a Ducati 750 F1 I sold for £3,300 many years back, now worth £15k, and a BMW E30 M3, which I sold for £6,500 and would now be worth £25k :-( Such is life.

6. I'd rather not talk about it......

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Its funny really, I've been thinking of selling mine as just don't have the time now we have a baby.
    But can't help but feel ill regret it if i do.
    Its nice to know that its there if i ever do get chance again lol

8. I've owned many SportClassics, Paul Smart, Biposto, Mono and now an S ( with about £10k of extras ) and I only regret selling them because of what they're worth now. From memory I straight swapped my PS for the Biposto. The Mono I bought and sold for £3500, it had termi's also. I've always had a soft spot for SC's, don't know why, they just do it for me.

My old white frame SS is also one of my favourites, sold it a couple of years ago which I regret, I'm always on the look out for another, but it will have to be a good one.

[​IMG]

9. Ooohh, mine was a 1989 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet in Black, one of about 73 I believe because of its £120k price tag in 1989. I won a concours competition with it and then sold it about 10 years ago for £25k and have regretted it ever since. I saw one recently for £65k Doh!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information