1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 1198 Mods

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by cookster, Mar 30, 2015.

1. About half an hour away from there, i'm just North of the top of the M25, by about ten minutes. Weather depending i may go on Saturday morning to have a look at all the bikes.

2. First time out in a new to me car, about 4 years ago I had two of the biggest deer you've ever seen appear from no where, don't know how I missed the first one as it leapt over the bonnet (not a mark on the car), & the second did a better emergency stop than me & just glared into the drivers side window! Scared the $**t out of all of us in the car

3. right back on subject, looks like im going to get the bike booked in with mark for a suspension service and set up,fit 14t sprocket in the front and go from there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Might be a good idea to fit wheelie bars :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. a 748 high spec rolling chassis

• Like Like x 1
  6. @ pavey it takes me about an hour to get to onya bike from chelt in the van. look out for a white toyota hi ace with a ducati sticker on the back and hopefully a 1198 in the back.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cookster, the bloke that posted all the dash listings ChrisW, I believe he is in Bristol, he does Dyno tuning, per cylinder mapping it will get you a spot on fuel and air mix, better mpg and a wee bit more performance to, crisper throttle response and smoother.

8. would that be cjs racing then?? just want to smooth it out dont think i need any more performance.

9. Yeah I believe that's who he is, it will smooth it out, he is a little to far away for me so I took mine to Moto Rapido, it will give you better fuel to air mix and smooth it out the by product is more performance so it is a win win situation.

10. That's not me. It is CJS who is in Bristol.

11. Whoops my mistake then sorry.

12. Hey chaps another question if I may I'm planning on using the new 1198 mainly for road use but want to do a few track days as well on it ,is worth up grading the suspension or will just servicing and setting up the standard showa suspension be ok?? Was thinking maxton if I was going to up grade but is it going to be expensive bling and be of no real benifit? Cheers

13. Not sure mate, I have only ever had the stock suspension sorted and been happy with it on the road.
    Mind you I have just had the Evo set up and its going on the track on the 8th of April

14. Yeah its hard to guess, I had ohlins shock and fork internals fitted on my old r1 but obviously the ducati is far better than a stock 99 r1.

15. My 848 Evo has Ohlins on the rear as stock, but you can get better Ohlins better springs depends on how far you want to go.

16. Just want it to handle amazingly so if it does that on stock suspension il be happy,just want to see what people recommend.

17. No worries mate, I will know better after mid week.

18. Cool let me know how you get on bud

• Like Like x 1
  19. I'd say get it set-up for your weight and riding style, then go out on track and see how she does. No point in spending a lot of cash on something that might be overkill if you're happy with the standard kit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Hi chaps the ecu welcome msg reads 1198 racing ,so that ties in with the termi's that are on there.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information