1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 To Fit Leo Vince Decat Pipe

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by RJL1955, Mar 30, 2015.

1. I have a 2011 Multi 1200S sport. I am considering decat conversion. I have a 2005 R1 as well and fitted a decat pipe to this leaving standard cans on it. (Don't want to go to loud!!)Fuelling remained perfectly acceptable but pick up definitely improved without any need for a remap
    Just wondered what the findings are doing the same with the Multi. Will it need a remap? Is it worth doing, it usually is in my experience but haven't had a Ducati before so was looking for some feedback.
    Couldn't seem to find what I wanted on a forum search but thats probably operator error!!

2. Plenty on the forums about this. Just need to refine your search but I've no doubt somebody will provide a link anyway.
    I've fitted a full Leo Vince and found it improved the running immediately without the remap. Pickup was much better, lowdown fuelling much improved and sounded loads better. From others experience I believe a decat with the standard cans will be a bit too loud as there's no baffling in them. The Leo decat comes with an inline baffle anyway but that on its own may not be enough. You can buy an additional inline baffle but I think the consensus is that they make no difference in reducing the sound. The upshot is you'll probably need a baffled end can as well as the decat.
    The ECU remap is icing on the cake. I had mine done at CJS and found it built on the improvement to the running. My bike is now super smooth round town

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Simply put, all the silencing is in the catalytic converter, remove that and you remove all of your silencing! Not the same as an R1, where the two elements are physically separate.
    Jon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. That would be why it will be noisy then. Thanks

5. I have Leo vince with std end pipe, had to get a baffle to put end can to drop noise levels down a bit. , no need to re-map

6. Cjs Remap makes a huge difference on a 2011 model.
    Use search under my name and Leo in the title.

Way too loud to have a Leo Vince decat and the standard end can or termis shorty.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information