1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 R1

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by big thumpa, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Something about the new r1,i cant say i like it but i want one,have been looking into it over the last couple of weeks,you say you did not pay rrp,so i guess you got a discount ?

2. Simmytt

Yes mate I did get a small discount due to the bike being bought for racing and not road but I had it road registered so the dealer hits his bonus/targets in return for a deal.

3. I like it lots :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Lucky to get any discount on such a new model,interested to know your thoughts when you start to use it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. And interested to know if its 10k less a bike than a 1299S

6. I think it was quickest in MCN test at Jerez, could be wrong but think that included the 1299, not forgetting the S is not the base model whereas the R1 is the only model, less the M version

The TT will be a good proving ground with Dean Harrison and Dunlop putting them through their paces, albeit with factory support!

7. Bill smiths in chester have a red one in stock. canceled order

8. There you go, someone agrees with me.
    It isn't something I would lust after and don't get me wrong, they have made a couple of nice R1's, but not this one.

9. I had a look at them today :) Literally feels like sitting on an R6. Loads of dash toys to play with, it shows the pitch live on screen and how hard you're pulling the brake lever,etc. I was hoping to test ride some time soon but its looking 50/50 on whether there will be any demo bikes as everything so far has theoretically been sold to be shipped to the dealer. Still the 1299s for me if I upgraded but I do like them. It's unfortunate that some of the photos have looked a bit odd as they look pretty awesome, very much a race bike.

Photo 01-04-2015 13 18 23.jpg

Photo 01-04-2015 13 26 32.jpg

Photo 01-04-2015 13 26 52.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Oh, it would have to be blue and silver from the pictures :smile:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I really fancy a demo on one just to see what all the fuss is about

12. You have definitely got that non biker look nailed, if you tie your hair up in a bun and stick a turban on you can do away with the helmet too..;)

Love the bike btw:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Haha thanks Dude. Washed the wig, because I'm worth it :D Spent many years running around with guns and short hair so it's a nice change before I get too old to grow it. Plus it makes me laugh when I look in the mirror in the morning, as well as MissPineapple saying I look like a child molester with short hair so long wig it is!

14. Perhaps a skinhead is the way forward mate, not sure the current Jimmy Savile look will overcome Miss P's problem with you..:Cigar:

15. Damn didn't think about that. I'm from Cornwall so have a cone shaped head, but I'll consider it.

16. She don't know who Jimmy is :)

17. I think you look like Lawrence Llewelyn Bowen! - hang a fucking chandelier from it!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Or.......the Joker....white face, short hair....bam!

19. Wait....I got it....Tony Blair 20 years ago (with a wig on!)....things can only get better....!

#79 comfysofa, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  20. @Royal. Sorry pal, I wish I hadn't started this..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information