1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebay Not Always Great! :-/

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by gremlyng, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Just left the twunt a lovely bit of feedback!

2. From 100 to 88.2 real quick

• Like Like x 1
  3. scary that this guy is said to be in university and holding down a job - Makes you question how capable he is at his job and how bad our education system must be! :) Thats it, he must work for the government, it all figures, lies/deciept etc....

I bet he is chief stamp licker at the house of commons!

4. You can ask a question about the article in the ad. You could ask if this part is a load of crap like he has sold to others. Its not new, and not made by who is stated. Well as long as questions can be seen ? Then others do it as well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Well although the seller couldn't leave an official negative feedback rating for me as in a 'black mark' or more to the point a 'Red' mark etc... The twunt did retaliate as I originally suspected, he left a completely derogative and un-true statement saying that I had lied and that he had in fact sent a new item from 'The carbon king' which is all 100% completely wrong, a total crock of bullshit! I had photographed the used part and sent it to Paypal and eBay they forced him to refund the full amount as he said he didn't have to! I had to return the good's, thankfully I could send it via work for free!

I had to contact eBay to explain the complete situation and they have now finally removed his negative comments towards me. Thankfully now there is nothing negative shown on my ebay account and it will not effect me in any way.

I told you guys, leave justified negative feedback for someone on eBay and regardless of them being in the wrong they almost always retaliate and lie to save face!

The twunt also got a mate or used a second eBay account to go buy 5 new items to try and hide the negative feedback that I and #Weeks had left! he must think that by buying more it would force the negative feedback out of the sight of new potential buyers.

So I think it's fair to say that eBay can be good, but it can be a headache. I'm now having to wait for Paypal to refund my account which is a ball ache despite knowing 100% that they will.

#45 gremlyng, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  6. Yeah how about paypal policy of holding refunds for 11 working days, despite the fact that the money
    was transferred from you bank account to paypal already. :mad::mad:

7. Well thats obviously another way that Paypal make more profit by holding money in their bank account for 11 days thats extra interest for them. Dull they are not!

8. His feedback has now risen to 90% but he cannot disguise the negative feedback for at least a year if anyone views his percentage. If you think there is any schill bidding or buying from another account of his then report him to ebay. If it is found out that he is guilty of this he will be banned and his account closed.

He could open another account admittedly but that will have zero feedback.

9. Some people are idiots and don't know what they are selling. I would just contact the seller and explain you want to be fully refunded due to item wasn't as described. If he doesn't agree to it then file through PayPal, you'll easily be refunded for this.

The only problem I've ever had is buying Oem parts and the part gets to me and not oem. People try to list as oem knowing it will bring more money but when they have to pay shipping to me and back to them along with a full refund, they are the losers!

10. Slightly off topic but I reckon eBay now are massively greedy. I've paid £30 charges to sell a van - it went for less than £130. They give nobody any protection on vehicles and the buyer paid cash. I daren't think what the cost had turned out as if they'd paypal'd me, I think I'd have had to pay them!
    Another convert to Gumtree here I think, as a seller at least!

11. Get seller to cancel the sale, ge it back ;)

12. pretty sure i read somewhere that ebay owns gumtree and tbh a lot on there is dodgy as fk too.

if only there was somewhere you could sell vehicals etc where you dont need to be privileged... :D

13. Well I buy and sell stuff on ebay and for me removing the option for sellers to leave negative feedback was a very bad idea.Since they changed this I have had to deal with far more cunts as a seller trying to take the piss or defraud me.Luckily I know all the tricks but other sellers I speak to have not been so lucky or clued up.

Never really had any problems as a buyer as if goods are not as described or counterfeit I would return them with tracking number and paypal would issue a refund.

However you will find ebay doesn't help either way.Take Givenchy clothing for example.There were lots of fakes being sold and people would complain and get issued a refund.So as ebay was loosing out they fixed the problem for themselves anyway.Now on certain brands ie Givenchy and other brands high on the fake list you now require proof its not genuine from authorised brand dealer.Virtually all these dealers will show no interest and simply state if you didn't purchase from them they are not interested in verifying authenticity which is fair enough.

Result more counterfeit clothing but more final value fees for ebay as less refunds.

14. I know this is not the point but....... Carbon king stuff can be shite anyway. CDT Slovenia is some of the best carbon in the world.

15. The carbon King stuff that I have had to date has been bang on the money, the CDT that I got from that seller was crap! The laquer over the top of it was rippled and the whole thing just shouted cheap to me. Maybe it wasn't CDT perhaps he had stuck a sticker on some chinese piece of crap.

'King Carbon' I'd agree - Had some grief with them a while back, terrible coms and product not at all upto scrtach, but as I said all the 'The Carbon King' bits I've got to date have been beautiful quality.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Well I finally got my money back through Paypal. I was out of pocket from the 23rd March until the 14th April because of that twunt on eBay! 'The Carbon King' cover I bought since is in a different league with regards to quality.

17. Having some probs myself. I must say I find I get far more problems when dealing in the UK on ebay for some reason.

Buying - No item or contact since payment sent - paypal claim soon if it doesn't arrive in next couple of days
    Selling - 2 out of 3 auctions won by time wasting non payers

Global selling scheme seems to work well.All the International buyers have paid within 24 hrs sent parcel to UK shipping agent and bingo jobs a good un.Im tempted to put no post to United Kingdom in future auctions if it carries on like this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. That's interesting as I have avoided overseas buyers with my business account as they have also messed me about. I might reconsider.

As you mention UK buyers are a real pain at times and just love to play games. I have lost out on a few decent sales due to buyers playing the game using eBay "rules"

• Like Like x 1
  19. I guess ebay depends on what you are buying and selling.

For buying ducati bike parts I always found zee Germans to be very honest polite and extremely efficient with pretty low post rates.Think companies like MPL did very well on there.

For selling I always found International far better with far lower timewaster rates.Only bad thing for bike parts is post prices have gone up a lot for larger parcels.For smaller stuff like designer clothes im selling or small bike parts ebay global shipping programme has made things a doddle.

#59 matt#corse, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  20. I agree Matt, sold an RST jacket, according to my Royal Mail leaflet postage should have been £7. Post Office said it has to be Parcelforce at £12:50. Used Hermes at £5:20. Brilliant, for 20p more they will even come and collect it!
    Post Office rates used to be simple, just weigh it and there it is. Now it is small, medium or large parcel, divide the weight by the width, add the length and multiply by six twentytooths of the total volume. (Or something like that).

Do Not Sell My Personal Information