1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Impressions Of My Scrambler Classic

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by El Toro, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Reminds me of how I met the wife.....:oops:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Enjoy your bike ET. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Damn you ET... I really want one now. I want one and my "749 should be upgraded to 999" has been converted into "749 should be traded in against a Scrambler".

Thanks for nothing! :Arghh:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. Great write up. V.tempted to get one and not put off by purists.

5. I like the idea of one just when I saw the red one in the flesh it didn't do it. Triumph or, dare I say, Harley versions are much more the look i like.

But then I'd have a garage full if I a) I could afford it and b) the missus would allow it. Btw if no 2 was ok, no 1 could be somehow ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. I've always liked Ducati air-cooled engines, ever since I saw a certain Mike Hailwood going rather quickly at Mallory Park on Steve Wynne's Ducati.

Had 2 Ducatis with the 2-valve engine so far. Nice to see the Scrambler range keeping the air-cooled motors going.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sorry, am a bit new to the details behind the scenes on bikes but what are the real world differences between air and liquid cooled systems? How does affect the bike and the running of it. When I rode the scrambler I wasn;t even aware that it was different!:smile:

8. After seeing all the Scramblers yesterday side by side I have to say the Classic is the pick of the 4. Thought I'd like the Full Throttle but that plastic sticker on the side of the tank and the matt black paint just looks cheap imo ...

Completely understand the 'simplicity' thing, sometimes you just don't need all the gizmos.

Enjoy .....

• Like Like x 1
  9. I've never ridden a water-cooled Ducati so I can't comment on specific differences between air-cooled & water-cooled Ducatis. I guess I'll try one at some point.

I just like my air-cooled Ducati for (in my experience) its relative simplicity, good torque relatively low in the rev range & for generally for being fun to ride both when making progress & when just taking my time.

Water-cooled bikes can maintain engine temperature more effectively when riding slowly in traffic on very hot days. Never been an issue for me as I only get to ride at weekends & I tend to ride mainly on rural roads where the traffic isn't too bad. I understand the efficiencies of water-cooling has generally contributed to allowing manufacturers to develop more power from engines.

I'll be very happy to add a water-cooled Ducati to my garage if Santa wants to reward my exemplary behaviour at Christmas....

• Like Like x 1
  10. Water cooled are typically 4 valve over the 2 valve air cooled
    Sports bikes higher hp etc over the slower two valve monsters, scramblers etc

Or I might be wrong

11. OK, cheers.
    So my 899 is a 4 valve water cooled bke??

12. You don't seem to have researched or know too much about your bike/s, @WhichBike :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. I only knew for sure the most important thing... the bike 'felt' great - so I bought it.
    I have no interest in all these torque numbers, facts n figures, v, flat, curves, cranks, and all that bollocks.

I only asked the above question in case somebody asks me !! :D

• Like Like x 3
  14. Here you go:

Ducati

15. I think that's a fair answer

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Love it, good on ya WB :D :upyeah:

17. That's the reason I bought my HM!!;):upyeah:

18. WTF!?

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Love it! It's a good job new Ducatis are reliable these days. You'd never get away with that attitude with the old school Ducatis that fall apart every week, you'd soon learn what things were and where they fell off from.

20. Reminds me of the text I received from a mate, asking if a woman's clitoris is at the front or at the back.

I replied: "At the front IIRC."

His response: "Damn. I think I have just spent 2 weeks sucking my girlfriend's piles."

As Royalwithcream says, we soon learn....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information