1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Practical Sportsbikes Magazine

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by JR45, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Has anyone else noticed that Practical Sportsbikes Magazine are building an 851 replica out of an ST4?
    Writer Alan Seeley insists on slagging off the ST4 as not being a proper sport-tourer as it is rubbish at being either a sportsbike or a tourer. Personally I take offence at journalists making disparaging comments about a bike that I actually quite like (I have had mine for 14 years, far longer than I have ever owned any other bike) and one that I think is pretty damn good at both jobs.
    If anyone feels the need to tell Mr Seeley that he is wrong, as I have already done, feel free to write to him - [email protected] -
    :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  2. DONE!

I will post my reply ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  3. I wouldn't hold you breath on actually getting a reply - I haven't had one yet...

4. Maybe because it's been done in the Mag when someone else complained :)
    They are also doing it to a budget of £3500 evidently but it already looks like they are over that and there was a lovely 851 on here that could have been had for £4k a while back - it's been discussed a few times now.
    Don't think the search function is as good as it used to be on here for some reason - can't find the threads... :)

5. I get why you would want to build a replica - you can treat it badly and no-one would really care - but it just annoys me that he keeps saying how bad the ST4 is/was.
    Surely alienating readers is a good way to loose sales ?

6. Journalist's eh :) but maybe he's writing what he thinks the majority will like - most won't know what an ST4 is :Wideyed:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hmmm... maybe you're right.
    Part of what annoys me is that they broke up a blue one - the best / rarest / coolest colour (IMO).

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information