1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 998s Final Edition

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by cleedubber, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Yes, I thought so, all seemed right with the bike, had all the original cover, stand etc
    One has just come up on eBay that looks nice..... But under closer inspection its looks to be a biposto converted

2. MY 998S was sand cast, as far as I know all the (FE) uk bikes wire non, rest of the EU were sand cast for some reason.

3. FE came in single or dual seat versions

4. On research I've done, the dual seats seem rarer/ less made, but this one is a dual, with a single seat unit fitted, and appears to be being sold as one... I asked a few questions, all answered, then when I asked if it was a dual converted, he went quiet...... I'm looking for a mono/single seat :)version

5. 998 Final Edition biposto Europe red 2004 - 277
    998 Final Edition biposto Europe black 2004 - 1
    998 Final Edition biposto UK red 2004 - 60
    998 Final Edition biposto France red 2004 - 46
    998 Final Edition biposto Australia red 2004 - 35
    998 Final Edition monoposto Australia red 2004 - 20
    998 Final Edition monoposto California red 2004 - 112
    998 Final Edition monoposto Canada red 2004 - 8
    998 Final Edition monoposto Europe red 2004 - 248
    998 Final Edition monoposto UK red 2004 - 57
    998 Final Edition monoposto France red 2004 - 6
    998 Final Edition monoposto Japan red 2004 - 111

For UK, 57 mono and 60 bi, globally 562 mono, 419 bi.

6. Thats the list I found buddy :upyeah:

Not much in it UK wise, but quite a few less globally

7. Ah sorry. Yes. You have to wonder how many there are in UK now: I assume some will have been binned and some exported.

8. I've got a 998S FE Mono which I've had from new.... it has a deep sump Testa Motor and titanium rods and single shower injectors. It was supplied by the Factory with full ohlins front and rear, ohlins damper, a carbon fibre belly pan, and red V piece over the oil cooler. It has a unique plaque on the head stock and decals on the tank and seat unit celebrating Ducatis WSBK wins and World titles together with tricolore flags on the seat unit. They were built to order for customers in 2004 and there aren't many of them in the UK - iirc there were only 57 monos imported to the UK - and at least one of those has been written off - if you can find one buy it - its only going up in value.

When I was looking at the bike originally, the Ducati Dealer told me that it was effectively a rebadged 996R with some additional tinsel!

The FE can be a bit of a parts bin special - as it was the last of the 998 Run - I know of at least one that has sand cast cases as original!

9. You can go off some people - no point in calling you a lucky bastard as luck had no part to play but you are blessed with an outstanding bike and i AM very jealous :upyeah:. Andy

10. There's a nice-looking FE just popped up on the Bay, if anyone's interested (High Wycombe, biposto, under 10k miles):

Ducati 998s Final Edition 2003 - 2004 | eBay

No connection with sale etc, just thought I'd mention it lest anyone was on the lookout for one of these increasingly rare beasties.

11. With the information already posted in this thread, isn't 2003 too early for an FE ? Andy

12. Saw that last night very nice.

13. No, they're 2003 or 4. Mostly 2003, was my impression. Remember the 999 was already out in 2003.

14. Think its a good price compared to some of the asking price's for 916 etc on eBay

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. That's nice

16. Okay, thanks. Andy

17. The 998s had a deep sump lump with TI valves and TI con rods that were a lower spec than the 998R. The 996R was in fact 998cc and the 998R was 999cc.
    The new 999 was 998cc but had a lower output than that of the 998s.
    Just for your info, there were only 27998s Mono's ever officially imported, 20 red and 7 yellow.

18. My 02 998s has sand cast cases and not painted.

19. I bought the FE from High Wycombe, indeed the bike was very well priced.
    currently undergoing a full clean and service to suit my peice of mind.
    the oil filter was a nightmare to remove but apart from that it should all be back together soon. looking forward to riding one again after last owning a 996 17years ago.

• Like Like x 2
  20. How did you get on with the seller? Who ended his bike advert with "Respect"

Do Not Sell My Personal Information