1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748/853 Sps

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by cookster, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Hi guys had the 748 on the dyno today heres the results im well happy!! ALISTER (1).JPG

• Like Like x 3
  2. Not bad for an 853 :smile:. Geoff builds nice motors by all accounts

3. yeah its very smooth chris the dyno man was impressed.

4. Thats healthy!!

5. hi guys ive been thinking of fitting an under seat breather unit on the bike, i know id have to modify the sub frame again and move the ecu up to clear it and move the relays to somewhere different, is it really going to help the engine or would it be a waste of time and effort?? yes i know i should have thought about it before i did it the first time but there you go. Any thoughts would be great .

6. Why not ask Chris at CJS or Louigi Moto. Louigi used to run 748's as race bikes back in the day he might be able to steer you in the right direction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ive had a bit of a brain wave chaps,im not going to fit a carbon breather box as i think it would be to much work moving everything again, so what i ve thought of is making an alloy tank that bolts in the rear sub frame behind the ecu, as red998 said i am going to ask someone with more knowledge than me just to see if its worth it but i think it would fit, next question is the actual workings of it... can i just run a pipe from the valve in the block to my new alloy unit to act as a catch tank?? or does it have to run back to the air box for some sort of vacuum?? hope this makes sense.

8. back to the airbox. PM me your details and I will send you a custom fabbed alloy breather box that needs a bit of adjusting. It may fit your subframe though. I have no need of it and its just sat on a shelf gathering dust

• Like Like x 1
  9. I agree, you are trying to make the crankcase volume as large as possible, so remove/modify the valve at the crankcase so it is straight through, then a large as practical pipe to the largest possible two chamber breather tank, with chambers set up to catch any oil in the first chamber and allow it to run back to the crankcase, second chamber to same size pipe to airbox with the valve at the airbox, well that's how I remember it anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. GUYS THIS IS NOW UP FOR SALE ...... due to a very expensive house :(, looking for £6200 with the carbon wheels.

#30 cookster, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  11. Noooooooooooooooooooooooo...!!!

12. got the 1198 up for sale as well mate, if the 1198 sells il keep the track bike but struggling at the mo to be honest. :(:(

13. Dont move! Unless it has a double garage of course....Only reason I can think of to move house!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. its my first house bud, so all a bit new to me at the mo, ive got a TT race bike for sale as well if that goes i could proberly keep one of um.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information