1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Finally!! I Have Bought My Panigale Dream.

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by WhichBike, Apr 18, 2015.

1. I've test ridden the F3 and agree you bought the better bike.

The F3 is impossible to ride on the road, palms of my hands aching after only 10 mins riding, rock hard suspension with twitchy throttle means jerky ride. Sounds like a buckets of bricks until you're thrashing it. Dashboard totally impossible to read, even at a stand still. The bike feels like it wants to kill you!
    After this nightmare, the 899 felt amazing. I'd decided to buy it before i reached the end of the road.

2. are you sure the F3 wasnt a 1199? :Woot:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Umm, I was initially wanting the F3 but the dealer delayed on me getting a test ride and ran out of patience and bought the 899. LOVE the bike. Jeezuz. Even better than I had dreamed about.

4. Pfft having the odd slip n slide is all the fun get out and ride it it's made to be ridden not made into a garage queen - it's a ducati so will still corrode even in the best conditions

5. You lucky bunny you, you've got DTC ! Ducati Traction Control ! So, you can still ride in the wet ! But, in all fairness, it's still possible to get mini-spinups even with DTC. I've been caught in torrential deluges far from home, yet still kept a reasonable lick of speed on, even on the Super Corsa's..... however, given a choice I would chose a more happy medium tyre for every-day use, longevity and wet-grip confidence.
    Unfortunately I got an 1199 rather than an 899, so you have many more choices than I do in the world of tyres. From what I've heard, the 899 is a better road-bike than mine...... more like 675R. If so, I used to own a 675R, so I have to agree.

6. Yeah, I am very happy.
    I have seen the traction control amber light only flash the once. I think I was in Sport even but there was something slippery beneath me thought I didnt actually see it . I assume it was some spillage, a white painted bit or diesel just as I put the beans on.
    No dramas.

By the way, can you easily wheelie this bikes?
    I don't want to wheelie :) but i sometimes put full beans gas on in 1st, 2nd or 3rd gear and the front doesnt even go light! Brilliant really but a little drama might be nice sometimes.
    One can do this in a less powerful bike and its wheelie city!

7. I'm sure your bike can be made to wheelie without much trouble at all. My own bike is rather too keen to do so, using only the throttle in normal use, which can be a real nuisance if you are trying to make 'progress' without attracting unwanted attention. It seems as though the 899 is a better road-bike than the 1199 and the 1299 is both quicker and more user-friendly than the 1199...... but I still love what I got and find the skill of 'taming' it to be a pleasurable challenge. It is also true that I may not be up to the job of doing so too !

8. ........And while I'm on my high horse....... what's all the enthusiasm with a vehicle that loses the ability to steer if accelerated within it's performance envelope ??? I hate machines that don't function properly and this emphasis on the failure of a design to be capable of keeping itself attached to the surface upon which it depends for it's operator's capacity to control it ???? Road vehicles are all basically 'friction-drive' designs, depending upon the coeficient of friction between the rubber of the tyre and the surface medium of the road to fulfill their necessary function....... and you want 50% of your expensive mechanical contraption to FAIL ????? ..... for FUN ????? Aaaaargh !!!!! :mad::Dummy::Eggonface:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information