1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Nicky Wilson
Last Activity:
May 30, 2018 at 10:16 PM
Positive ratings received:
Neutral ratings received:
Negative ratings received:

Post Ratings

Received: Given:
Like 137 115
Dislike 0 2
WTF 0 0
Funny 11 23
Agree 9 24
Disagree 0 0
Love You 2 0
Thanks 4 8
Useful 0 0
Lock Thread 0 0
Nuke Post 0 0
Home Page:
Engineering Project Manager

Nicky Wilson

Member, Male, from Crawley

Happy to be back an supported by the Forum once again for 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Nicky Wilson was last seen:
May 30, 2018
    1. smorgan46
      smorgan46
      Hi nicky was just wondering if i went -1 on my 899 would it need anything done to relearn rev limiter etc as im getting conflicting replies thank you and good luck in the upcoming season
      1. Nicky Wilson
        Nicky Wilson
        Hi, sorry but what do you mean by -1?
        Mar 30, 2015
      2. smorgan46
        smorgan46
        Hi nicky i meant -1 front sprocket my mind and fingers dont type at the same speed lol anyway had the -1 front sprocket fitted and all is good! Do you run the standard 899 calipers on your race bike?
        Apr 17, 2015
    2. Nicky Wilson
      Nicky Wilson
      Happy to be back an supported by the Forum once again for 2015
    3. Nicky Wilson
      Nicky Wilson
      Hatching a plan for 2015. Looking for sponsors..
    4. Nicky Wilson
      Nicky Wilson
      Looking for those final few tenths..
  • About

Home Page:
    http://www.wilson48.com/
    Engineering Project Manager
    Ride:
    Ducati 899 Panigale
    Getting into bike racing has been tough and I am still on a big learning curve. I grew up in Surrey and now live in West Sussex near Crawley. I'm not "independently wealthy" as they say, so to date all of my racing has been self-funded with the help of many good mates, my family and small companies helping me out here and there. Demon Designs UK and many friends who've helped out for nothing, given me discounts or freebies like my paddock scooter which was junk until it was given a makeover by my Dad to make it useable.

I've always loved bikes but my parents pushed me towards karting and cars (bikes too dangerous) so it wasn't until my 20's that I got into bikes, unlike many of my rivals who have been riding since age 7. No biking dynasty in my family!

I guess if you asked me to describe myself, I would say I was a striver. I’m not gifted with great skill or speed, I just work dam hard at everything I do and never give up.

Whatever I've raced or ridden I've always ‘spannered’ it myself and I think it is really important to know how any machine works and be prepared to tackle problems including those sessions in the awning until 2am after a big problem or crash!

Away from racing I studied engineering and now work as an Engineering Project Manager. Therefore, it is a challenge to juggle my time between racing, work and family.

I got my road bike licence in 2008 and had a Honda Hornet briefly before deciding I wanted to get out on track after a go at the Ron Haslam Race School on a 600RR!

My first race bike was a Suzuki GSX-R 600 in 2009, which I raced in the Suzuki GSX-R 600 Cup run by the ACU. In 2010 (on the same bike) I race in the BEMSEE clubman championship finishing 6th overall. 2011 was a big step up – moving onto a Triumph Daytona 675 in the one-make BSB support series.

2012 was the start of what I now call the ‘Ducati years’ – with my first season on a Ducati in the 848 Challenge. 2013 was again on the 848 but it was a torrid year of crashes and mechanical failures until I moved teams (and onto a more competitive bike) for the final two rounds.

2014 was a great year onboard my new 899 but it was a steep learning curve. It was great having the support and involvement from the Forum members and I'm glad to be able to continue this relationship into 2015.

You can follow me on twitter: @wilson48forever or visit my website: Wilson 48 for further information.

Keep it pinned!

Nicky #48

Signature

Web: wilson48.com
    Tweet: @wilson48forever Facebook: NWR | Facebook
Do Not Sell My Personal Information