1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1000ds Forks Compatible With 900ss?

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by ck_uk, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Does anyone know if the forks from a 1000DS can be swapped with those on a 900SS?

2. what year is the SS

3. Likley yea, although some of the later forks are longer so stick thru further

4. Speedo drive on 900 from front wheel if its 3 spoke, 1000 is off rear wheel with sensor. Might need to grind 1.5mm off speedo gearbox to get wheel central. I did this when I put multistrada 1000 legs and SS yokes with a 996 wheel on a 907.
    All SS injected legs are same length, carby are 30mm shorter.

5. Mine's a 1995 900ss, waiting to confirm what year the 1k is..

6. Whyyy??

Haven't you got Showas on your 900?

7. Yes but one is leaking, from the upper part of the fork (not the seal/stanchion area). Brake cable has rubbed the f**k out of it.

8. In which vase your caliper sizes will probably be. Different as will the axle I think?

9. Ok well that's a non-starter then..

10. Chck it first, but think the DS willbe 65 mm spacing and not a 17mm axle. May be yours isnt either?? I only know the smaller variant, 600 and 750

11. I don't think he's talking about flower arranging. :)

12. Do you mean through the gold shroud?

Might be easier to find a secondhand replacement for that than trying to match up forks from another model.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information