1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1100 Evo Flywheel Too Light For Anyone?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by richgilb, Apr 24, 2015.

1. I have spent a bit of time on my 1100 now, well about 400 miles.....something tells me the flywheel could be a bit heavier. I know most of the talk is all about lightening the flywheel to lighten the bike and get GP throttle response. But it is a bit of a twat in traffic and the engine braking is violent compared to the air cooled 900 motor I know. I understand that the flywheel got the treatment when designing the evo motor and is partly responsible for the 6kg weight reduction. But I am wondering if I should put a kilo back in there.

Anyone done this?

2. slipper clutch help?

3. I'd put some more miles on it before thinking about altering engine internals. Sounds like you might be trying to turn it back into the 900 before you've got used to it as it is.

4. Well over a year later, I still think I should add a kilo to the flywheel, which is about what was taken off for the EVO.

Thing is people only seem to sell lighter flywheels for bikes. How do I know what to buy?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information