1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 1199 Brake Pedal

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Brummie, Apr 23, 2014.

1. New to Ducati and have just bought an 1199S - anyone else find the rear brake pedal too high?
    (Gear change is OK) The only way I can see to adjust would be a shorter pushrod on the rear brake cylinder? Has anyone successfully sorted?

2. There's a brake pedal?? ;)

3. It's a bit fierce at low speed - on / off the throttle (well compared to a 4 cyl it is).
    A touch of back brake would just calm it down - if the pedal was easier to get at.
    Might just be my advancing years and not flexible enough....

4. This one sounds familiar! At 6ft4 I struggled with the brake pedal. You can adjust the length of the pushrod by slackening off the nut and winding the rod in which lowers the pedal slightly. I've been told you can even grind a bit off it to shorten it even more but I didn't like the sound of that. I tried adjustable foot pegs which directly replace the bikes existing pegs. They rotate through 360 degrees giving the ability to get the pegs higher over the brake pedal, you can find these on ebay, but being tall this just made the riding position more hunched up and uncomfortable. I was left with no choice but to go for fully adjustable rearsets which meant I could not only lower the peg height but lower the pedal height also. The results are great, much more comfy and my foot is above the pedal instead of below it which is a hell of lot safer when something jumps out at you. It's not the cheapest option but the safest.

5. Yes its under the steering thingy next to the gear whatsit

6. Thanks Big M, I'll have a proper look at the weekend - don't want to do too much with the rear brake cylinder as suspect bleeding the system with the ABS won't be straightforward.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information