1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 749s Radial Fork Upgrade

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by cassclaye, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Hi all,

Have a 2003 749S and was wondering if there are any radial forks that would slot straight into the yolks without too much alterations. Don't want to spend a stupid amount and if could get something off Ebay etc that would be cool.

Any thoughts?

2. You have ohlins? Maybe 1098s ohlins?

3. Did wonder if the 848 or 1098 standard forks would slot straight in?

4. Front wheels spindle is the same, suspect if you have standard showa forks they may slot in

@final_edition would know...

5. Will fit OK but mudguard mount is different. Ohlins are 3mm bigger at the bottom yoke than the Showa (56mm) otherwise straightforward.

6. If yiu are running showa, then 848 will drop in by the soundsof it. @Dukedesmo had a pair for sale

7. Is there really much benifit from doing this?

8. the 749s has showa forks so how can something 3mm bigger ( ohlins ) fit ??/

9. You just have to change the yoke. The top will still fit but there is an Ducati yoke that allows the larger 56 Ohlins forks. They are around £200

10. The bottom yoke is easily machined out to accept the fatter Ohlins.

11. this is now beyond the OP " slot straight into the yokes "

12. Not if he uses showa 848/1*98 ones :Banghead:

13. ok,,but if they aint any thicker then what advantage do they have, other than do they take the M4 type calipers disc etc, ?
    edit,, oops,, of course that would be dependant on bottom hub used.

14. Radial calipers, esp m4, will be considerably better than the std brakes even p4s probably. Plus they look better ;)

I'd be surprised if they dont just drop straight in, only question would be any caliper/disc offset, as yokes and spindle I think are the same

15. and i expect if the M4 master cylinder would be required to go with them

16. Std radial should be fine...but like pringles, once you pop..decent aftermarket mc, braided hoses, good pads, stop a rhino from 160

17. I have Brembo 1198 M4's and Brembo 19x18 radial m/cyl available..

18. Alot of race regs won't allow this option of milling the yokes.

#18 Spjallen, Nov 27, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  19. TBH I don't think it is best practice.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Depends, if it allows a fork change to ohlins then it must allow a yoke change. Unless like DD, in which case you couldn't use ohlins anyway.

Still think 848 show as drop straight in....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information