1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

900ss Bevel 1978

Discussion in 'Sport Classic' started by yev, Jan 1, 2015.

1. hi guys
    before i put it on e-bay would anyone be interested in the 1978 900ss ?
    black-gold, 1 owner from new, totaly original,no cheap carbon or ANY mods for that matter, full history, condition - simply as NEW , very low miles. i think it will have even original bill of sale
    I've been told it is 1 of the 100 bikes made, making it probably the most rare ducati ever?
    not going to give it away, looking for proper money

2. Photos mate. Photos.
    Talk is cheap!

3. Ducati. 900ss 1978 black and gold limited edition , one of 100 made. One owner , 13000 miles FSH from new , perfect running order and as new condition.

photo 1-3.JPG

photo 2-3.JPG

photo 3-3.JPG

4. basically apparently they made only 100 bikes with this design before changing to the one with gold fat stripe on the tank (of which they made boat load of )

5. Beautiful. Always wanted one but they're too compact for me. A mate sold a "fat-stripe" one for £26,000 last year so yours must be worth more. Good luck!

6. thanks,mate, so do you think i was given correct info on this design (non fat stripe) being LE?

7. posted in bikes for sale part of the forum now

8. I don't really know. But given that every black and gold 900SS I've ever seen has had the fat stripe, there must be a good chance that its true. Maybe ask Ducati UK?

9. just found this on the net:

Q.I have an early 79 black/gold 900ss. The tanks has a white double lined ducati logo and the bottom edge of the tank has a 1/2" gold band. The last owner states this is original.. Whatcha know? -Enrico Daleki, UK

A.This is original for the very earliest black and gold 900SS. -I.F.

10. OK, i've emailed to Ian Fallon ( mr everything ducati) and thats what he comeback with :

Yes, this bike is a rare UK version covered in detail in this book:
    Veloce Publishing

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information