1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Aarrgghhh!! Anyone Watching Watchdog?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Majvs, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Feature on tonight's programme covers high end keyless cars (BMW, Range Rover) that are being stolen when blank keys are being reprogrammed in order to steal them.
    Couldn't help but wonder if the same could be done to steal our Mutleys??

2. They only steal things of value :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Just watched gogglebox :)

4. Write a furious letter to your MP.

5. yea gogglebox sux

6. Does that mean the forum will be inundated with furious bike thieves complaining that their Multi's are falling to pieces?

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Seems unlikely. It's a whole lot easier to pick up a bike and put it in the back of a van, than it is to do the same with a car.

8. Obviously but why bother using van at all?
    The method they used was to gain entry to the car then spend a couple of minutes reprogramming a blank key so that it would then start and drive away. Didn't show how this was done for obvious reasons but it may have involved gaining access to the wiring or something else. However, I got the impression it wasn't.
    Obviously no forced entry required for a bike so maybe it could be done by just lurking next to the Mutley, then don a helmet and off you go (chain and disc locks permitting) Food for thought thats all. :Nailbiting:

9. They need the orginal key normally to have car started, then its a ECU/OBD thing to copy and vreat a replacement key. Few weeks later, just disappears...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wait till we get driverless cars!
    Little Jonny on his iSplot28 bored and in the back of their family car decides to hack the drive software of the car in front on the M25 and steers it like GTA5.
    Flight software in modern passenger planes not too hard to hack now with a smart phone!

11. We had a RS4 estate taken in this way from work. CCtv showed them messing with a laptop, car pops open, and then a few minutes inside and its away. Ended up in liverpool , painted another colour and used in a few other crimes. Keys were never needed

12. land rover have been aware of the problem for a long time. valet parking and hand wash places the worst.Get your key, copy it and then us service file on OBD to create new electronic key. A mate of mine has been the pm for the project on solving the problem.

13. Well yes, but if you had an old-style metal key the valet parker could copy that too.

14. Damn, I never thought of that. A brick was the normal key to use in liverpool

15. Well he could but it wont be able to be driven as the transponder isnt coded

16. Hey I don't always get my bike to start with the original key, so if they can copy a key that works better I'm game. Once I track em down obviously.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Writing was on the wall when the Govt allowed digital mileometers. Just a handy reflash needed when the mileage is excessive. Its an EPROM after all. How are they cracking the key-fobs, WiFi?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information