1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Aero Kit?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Richo, Apr 23, 2014.

1. My new 1199R has arrived dealer phones asks aero kit or not opinions pls?

2. I think its just some plastic fairing bits - left mine in the box.

3. They are just some additional plastic clip on fairing extenders - the problem is, if you put them on, they will mark the paint underneath so if you take them off again they will have buggered up the fairing.

They are designed to add additional wind cover to your hands area/bars - but I am not sure I know anyone with them fitted. But it's not a big deal either way, the fairing is tiny as it is, so increasing it by an inch and a half makes f-all difference! I think the track fairings have a slightly wider nose section anyway (or at least they should, and a higher screen).

I wouldn't bother, see if you like them when you get them in the box. Have long since forgotten about mine!

4. I'd expect you could put some VentureShield material where the fairing extenders meet the fairing - very nearly invisible, but should protective the underlying paintwork.

Congrats on the bike, btw.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I have them on mine, they were on when I bought it. Like above, I heard they mark the fairing underneath so I've left mine on. To be honest I'd never noticed them even when I looked at two Panigale's stood side by side when one had them fitted and the other didn't, it was only when they were pointed out I could see the difference.

6. Yes bm looked at some photos on net couldn't see much difference so had um fitted now while they have bike in bits to fit full termi system ..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information