1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Brake Lever Guards

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Spjallen, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Has anyone fitted these to their bikes yet? I've just bought some cheapo ones from china to fit to my Renthal 22 mm bars. Be great to hear from anyone doing the same or top tips.

2. Well it was a total non job in the end. Took all of about ten minutes. All I had to do is drift out the nylon bar end and tighten the bolt which expands an internal locking system, then fit the appropriate length of guard. Proper simple that!

3. How much where they and can you post a link to them ? Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  4. and a photo,, fitted,,,,,,,,plz..

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bloody hell that's a good price

• Like Like x 1
  6. You get the clutch and brake protectors with the option of fitting longer guards.

Picture was taken in the garage so a bit dark but you get the idea.

image.jpg

image.jpg

7. Snap same here except they didnt have black so I ordered anodised red :Banghead:

• Like Like x 1
  8. the 848 guys are asking if they come in gold too???

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. If you ask nicley Andy they may find some for you

10. are these for racing,, or just the traffic lights GP

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. For my mountain bike

12. don't like horns on the MTB ,, dreadful things

13. Racing. The race regulations have been ammended this year. Noe you must Have a front brake lever guard and for wet races a rain light.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Does the brake lever have enough travel without hitting the switchgear and throttle control?

Nice m/cyl btw.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yeah I know what you mean.

It does with the lever at max pull but as you hint I think it needs a fettle. The clearance issue is on the throttle plastics. I've tried rotating it so its 90 degrees anticlockwise from its current postion with the cables going in at the 12 o'clock position - but this didn't workout. I think might have another look at that option. An other idea is to try the start switch on the left hand bar to make better clearances for the right. If all this works I think the guard will also be more effective.

16. Start switch on left is the way to go.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. what is it like in reality,, the photo looks a bit Heath Robinson.

18. If you mean the guard, if its like mine its cheap plastic shit. It just fits, seems to have enough clearance and does what it needs to do

Its not like theise £200 ones that wannabees use on their road pride and joy ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information