1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bridgestone S20's or Bridgestone T30's ?

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Dubs, Aug 18, 2013.

1. not getting on with the Rosso's at all.

So 848 needs tyres ( only bought it a couple of months ago but tyres gone ) & I was thinking Bridgestone S 20's more sportier tyre OR the T30 which are sports touring. Apparently Ron Haslams's race school rave about them and have their bikes set up with them.

Anyone had any experience with them at all ?

The S20s' will wear quick but the T30's will last longer and prob take an extra small amount of time to heat up.

No track days planned but we do have a spirited ride now and again.

Swaying toward the T30's...

All comments re the Bridgestones welcome

S20
    img_battlax_s20_01.jpg

T30
    T30.jpg

img_battlax_s20_01.jpg

T30.jpg

2. Ive a had a couple of sets of the S20's on my 996 and I really get on with them, excellant wear rate, predictabe, fast warm up, seem ok in damp and will stand a few trackdays no problem at all.

They are light years ahead of the old BT016 Bridgestones which I dont think were a bad tyre but they just wore to quickly.....

Darren.

3. Got T30s on mine. Sport touring tyres for road use are excellent. They are running in their optimum range. I can't fault them in any way whatsoever. My bikes got some balls and just doesn't upset them. Don't waste your money on so called "stickier rubber". To me its absolute nonsense. Hope this helps.

4. Im gonna give these BT30's a go and let folk know how I get on.

The Michelin 2ct's I had on the 749s were great, but Im gonna go back to the bridgestones.

Probably fit em over the next few weeks.

5. Unless your a hero, you won't be disappointed.

6. Bridgestone BT30

Went and got those pirelli's off last night. I was glad to see the back of them. Didnt like them at all. Each to their own right..:wink:

Anyway, i rode Bridgestones for years on the numerous fieblades i owned, so its kinda good to be back if you get me. ( BT15's were muck, only ever bad bridgy tyre i had ).

You can see below what the profile and thread pattern is like on the Bridgestone T30 's. Only rode 25 mls home last night so there werent many twisties. We're due a heat wave for a few days so will be running them in this weekend :cool: Will chg up the gopro :biggrin:

[​IMG]

Initial thoughts...they feel great, seriously. Bike is super stable through turning ( i did get sag etc adjusted couple of days ago ), you can feel the tyre working, more than i could on the pirelli's. When I got home they were quite warm, considering i spent the last 3 mls in 30 / 40mph zones. Front was as hot as the back end. Eearly doors but uber happy, my head is in the right place again re grip.

Further update to follow.

:upyeah:

[​IMG]

7. Just had the T30s fitted to my Hyper and am very impressed - got caught in a torrential downpour but tyres were awesome and grip in the wet was fantastic. Confidence level increased. Would certainly recommend.
    Cheers,
    Moses.

8. Good man Moses....:cool:

I have been out a couple of times but its been a little rainy here. In sayoing that on the damp roads they are find and on drier, zero issues. The only difference I dont was the front dont bed in as deep as the almost race spec prielli's I had. But the stopping distance is still fine.

The T30's are a good tyre and will suit me.

One thing I will say about the Bridgestones, they will give you warning if they are going to let go, a lot ot be said for that.

:upyeah:

9. Very Hard tire to fault the T30, the superduke got on great with them. Streetfighter loves them too as I do a fair bit of wet riding. First set of Bridgestones I've fitted to a bike in 16 years of riding and they are fab. Highly reccommended

10. What is the wear rate like?
    How many miles do you think they will do?

11. Haslam school raved about the T30's predecessor the BT-023's(which is what I run and love them). T30's will be my next tire when mine wear out. From what I've heard they're a good choice of tire.

12. Got out last week. Roads were stone cold and damp in places. I always liked bridgestones. The T30's are excellent. I will use BT02's fpr the track though ( just that little bit of extra grip ).

13. Just thought Id throw this up...

We went to Cartagena for 3 days last week. I was on the T30's with the 848. See here http://ducatiforum.co.uk/f30/countdown-cartagena-20368/#post322433

I will admit, i wasnt getting around corners as quick as othera on race / track rubber, but I didnt have any issues at all. I ran 30/30 then went down to 29/29 pressures on day 2. Even on the big 3rd gear right handers the bike didnt flinch a bit or under breaking when I missed my markers ( only twice ).

Savage tyre altogether, id recommend them. However, if you're chasing lap times get something softer. For road use and a little bit of track, i had a blast on them. But do note, weather was 18-22 degrees cel.

[​IMG]

Do Not Sell My Personal Information