1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Chinese Levers...?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by yellowducmaniac, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Might be a silly question but has anyone had experience of the Chinese (hong kong) stuff on ebay,just been looking at a pair of shorty levers for silly money....they don't actually look too bad!...has anyone ever bought any?

2. Its been done to death.

Yes they are fine No you will not die

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Shouldn't that be "Chines Revers"? :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Unless you install them wrong and end up locking your front end while doing 100mph.

5. That's just user error

6. plick ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Surely if your capable of fitting a lever incorrectly you shouldn't be allowed a motorcycle?

As said above they're fine. Just keep them out of direct sunlight as according to some people they're made of chocolate and will melt, oh hang on isn't that the Ducati dash?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wont that then lock the arse end up as well ?

9. What ones are you looking at yellowducmanic?

10. If I knew how to post a link :Asshat:.......Ebay, titanium shorty levers £15.88 inc postage...I guess they're all roughly the same quality etc......and yes i realise this has been done to death,my opening question should really have been what is the service like from these sellers?

11. service from them are good dispatched quickly although its customs who would delay it but i got mine within 2 weeks but anything upto a month is usual

12. Thanks penfold,Are you happy with them and were they straightforward to fit?

13. as easy as any other levers to fit so damn easy, build quality on the ones i got are same as the expensive ones imho i look at it this way.... do you want to spend £100+ on a set of levers that you may not like or £16 on levers that if you dont like you can take back off and youve lost well... £16, its a no brainer for me. :)

Also if you like em and (god forbid) you have an off, its one less expense to put right as you can get a whole new set for £16 lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mine came in two weeks and I couldn't be happier with them.
    Came from Hong Kong and didn't get stuffed for any handling fee either...

• Like Like x 1
  15. I've had/got several pairs and all arrived quickly with no problems from customs. Neither have melted or snapped under hard braking even the ones fitted to my race bike.

16. Thanks for all the comments guys....even the silly ones;)...ordered a pair last night,hopefully'll be here before Christmas.

17. I've now done over 25,000 miles on a set I bought and I've been killed several times.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Did you fit them properly?

19. :Wacky::Wacky::Wacky:I've been scratching my head about these. Are they any good? Will they fit? Are they made of Swiss cheese? So I thought what the hell,there's only one way to find out for sure so I've ordered them. Have I done the right thing as doing this goes against everything I've thought of Chinese stuff in the past. I don't know. But I see it this way,it's only just over 15quid. That's only a round of drinks on a Friday in my local and I need to cut down on that. To stop my bmx bike years ago I used to jam my foot onto the top of the rear tyre and lock the wheel until I came to a complete stop. I can apply this method to my 749 if they fail. After all it never let me down all them years ago! No brain'a eh??!!?? In the mean time if anyone see a red 749 wedged into the nearest bush around the essex countryside with a one footed middle aged man who thinks his still a teenager hoping around and crying then please feel free to stop and shout as much abuse as nessary. :Woot: image.jpg

20. Mine weren't as short as I was expecting but they are a much better shape than the oem, so look and work much better. To coin a local phrase, they look like they growed there...
    I got discreet black ones but the adjusters are red, so give just the right level of added bling for me.
    I think they are beautifully made and so accurately that I didn't need to adjust the pushrods to suit, they were perfect out of the box.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information