1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Collecting My New Bike

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Baldyboy, Oct 21, 2014.

1. At the weekend

image.jpg

• Like Like x 28
  2. Nice . My very first Ducati was an 851 .

3. It's my 3rd but always wanted one, went to buy a brand new one in 1991 from windy corner it was from memory £9721 , roger winterburn wouldn't give me £21 discount and basically told me to do one. So reliving my youthful lust

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. That was a lot of money back in 91 a new fireblade in 93 was less than 7k . If my memory is not playing tricks.

5. Windy Corner being a Ducati dealer brings back memories, remember looking in there and Devimead/Birmingham Motorcycles at Duc's. You're right, they wouldn't knock a penny off the price, not even a 400SS Junior.

Congrats, nice bike.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Thanks guys v excited. Windy corner is no more lost duke then lost triumph back to laverdas for him I believe. Might have been my age I was only 22 ended up getting a zxr750j1 instead never the same ;)

7. :upyeah:Nice looking bike:upyeah:

8. That looks Minty ;)

9. Veryyyy nice :)

10. feck that's lovely.....more details?

11. Just like the one I used to have. I wish I still did.

12. Wow, wear well :upyeah:

13. Look minty mintos, nice looking bike.

14. shame that raffle didn't come off,i was feeling lucky. v.nice.

15. Thats lovely. I'm jealous. :upyeah:

16. the fairing is so much nicer than some of there eh, latter models. :smile:

17. 12 hrs and counting down I'm so excited will post pics once safely home

18. 11 hours and 59 mins!

• Like Like x 1
  19. So......how did you get on? Hopefully a good ride home?

I must admit I struggled with mine when I got it as it's so different to my normal bike. Took a few rides to get into it and the faster you go the better it feels....could lead to trouble.... I don't thrash mine as it is 22 years old after all, but it does get an occasional "brisk" run out.

Bought mine around this time last year, makes for a long winter!

20. He'll still be outside looking at it and fiddling

Do Not Sell My Personal Information