1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dani Pedrosa Quits?!

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by bradders, Mar 29, 2015.

1. just seen on twatter he has announced with immediate affect he is stopping racing, due to inoperable arm injury, and if true does this pave the way for Stoner to come straight back?!

• Like Like x 2
  2. :Wideyed:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Aye....Stoner back you think ??

4. Uhe has been testing and just signed a contract for Suzuka 8 hr

5. Reading the tweets from Emmet, it broke that he was quitting, then moved to he needs to get his arm sorted but inoperable, then to he cant race as it is, wants to and will have to find a solution so is stepping aside while he does.

End of career me thinks

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Stoner? I don't think he'd fancy trying to beat MAQ

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. deffo i think his days have been numbered for a while as he hasnt won a championship and although honda have a winner in MM and there can be only one they want a rider that can win should MM not (if that makes sense)

8. give hayden a go on it

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. i dont know if its that funny an idea! he was 06 champ (ok that is 9 years ago) but he is a grafter and still has drive and race craft and speed, he toughed it out on a duc that suited no-one with out complaint and certainly didn't embarrass himself , he's 3 years younger than rossi and i think if given a competitive bike he could do a rossi ... it would never happen but I think it wouldnt be as crazy as it sounds

10. Honda screwed Hayden over after he became 06 champ, they seemed to focus more on the midget in 07 but heyho I'm a big Hayden fan.

11. If I remember correctly, Hayden wasn't supposed to win the title, that bike was a development tool. Honda continually threw development stuff at that bike all year to have the rough edges knocked off it for their "real" riders. It was only Hayden's skill and determination that got him the title. Agree with Honda screwing him over.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Nice idea but he's too old, and I say that as a Hayden fan.
    I expect Livio Suppo has already called Stoner to discuss how many zeros he needs to write on the cheque...

• WTF WTF x 1
  13. Give it to Jonathan Rea.

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sorry, I disagree ...

... and this is why ;)

Seriously tho, if anyone can compete with MM and more lately VR, then it's yer man. Think about it, Phillip Island, as an example, where's your money going?

15. this...

Suppo laughed off the suggestion that former Honda world champion Casey Stoner, recently confirmed as competing in the Suzuka 8 Hours, could take Pedrosa's place.

“Casey already said many times he will never come back to MotoGP. And anyway I believe we will find a solution [for Dani]. I'm optimistic.”

MotoGP News - Honda: ‘We need to help Pedrosa’

16. If I was Dani Pedrosa I'd be heading to WSB for a quick payday and a trophy thay has the number 1 on it, then retire...

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Pah, realities, I wouldn't trust anything Honda says further than I can spit. I agree tho that it's unlikely that CS will ever return, which is in imho a crying shame as the idea of those 3 going at it rather appeals, best of the best if you like.

Ultimately tho you're right, CS, as good as he is, is a bad loser.

18. Give Sam Lowes a crack ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Just as an aside, has anyone else noticed Cals new game of "let's see if I can push the front of this one as well" :Banghead:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information