1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does My Denso Iridium Sparkplug Look Ok??

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by calle3, Apr 24, 2015.

1. I just changed my stock sparkplugs to Denso Iridium Iu27... with gap .032 or 0.8mm...

It doesnt drive good in low rpm...worse than normal.

Does my plugs look ok... Do i have to change to stock again...or change gap??

I have read so much good about those plugs..but not on my 1098
    [​IMG]

2. you can do a resistance check with a multimeter, looking a bit black there, try a hotter version?

3. Does that outer electrode look as if it has been partly burnt away? I'd make absolutely sure that it is the right heat rating, as finm suggests.

I don't see 1098 here: | denso

There are counterfeit spark plugs out there too! (NGK certainly)

4. The electrodes look a bit worn and the gap looks too big to me! Just my thoughts, could be wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Try a pair of these:

Spark plugs with polonium.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Adding to Fin's comment - you have answered this yourself with your second line. The whole Iridium topic will have divided views. It's hard to comment accurately from a picture and with no engine/riding details but if that was a pic after sustained high speed riding with little or preferably no idling at end of journey, and plug is supposed to be correct for your engine then (I would say) you need to look at your current mapping/exhaust set-up.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information