1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Ducabike Adjustable Bars

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by duke63, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Has anyone fitted these to their 748/916 and did it make much difference to the level of comfort?

Also does anyone know the difference between parts BSRA53D and BSR530 on the link on their website?

Cheers.

748 / 916 / 996 / 998 - SUPERBIKE

2. Have you tried flipping the standard bars first? A lot of people find that mod a simple free fix.

3. Wouldn't that mean bars angled upwards? I don't want to completely change the riding stance but just wondered if these improved it a little.

4. Bar angle changes but so does height. It takes about 1/2 an hour to swap them over so worth a try. There was a DIY thread on the old Ducatisti site. I tried it on 749 and it made ride much more upright.

5. "Also does anyone know the difference between parts BSRA53D and BSR530 on the link on their website?"

It looks like the difference in the rise of the bars and whether they are adjustable, the first is a static bar and the other two are adjustable but have different heights, the first adjustable is 35mm higher, you can see the profile in the photos.

I use Fast by Ferracci higher rise bars on two of my bikes and a Sigma Performance set on the other. They are all 25mm higher and it does make a big difference to me as I am just over 6 foot so it makes the bike feel less cramped.

6. Just noticed that first Ducabike bar (BSRA53D) the actual bar itself is attached in a different place on the fork clamp bringing the bar closer to the rider. Looks to be still adjustable for angle though too.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information