1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Dunlop Sportsmart2 Tyres

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Bob_Cooper, Sep 23, 2014.

1. I've used the old Dunlop SportSmart tyres and they were great, has anyone tied the 2nd incarnations?

2. Specific to the Multistrada? I have a set on my 848 Evo, only had them about 500 miles and I have been really impressed with them, very sporty profile, seem to warm up straight away and are good when the road is slippery. TBH I am sure many can exploit a tyre better than me but I'm happy with them.

3. Specific to the Multi I suppose but all info gratefully received. I know the originals were great on the Multi, Boomer used to swear by them....

4. I think the Sportsmart 2's are very similar but a bit more aggressive in profile, maybe less suited to the Multi I am not so sure. I am sure others will be along to share their experience as they are a popular tyre going by what the mechanic told me

5. Hey,

Hi Bob, not heard from you in a while, hope your well..

As much as I loved the Sportsmarts, im currently trying the PR4, as everybody raves about them.

Early impressions are good, I cant say they offer anymore grip than the sportsmarts, (not in the dry anyway) but they are good in the wet. But they defernitly look like they are going to last longer!

6. Hi Mark, good to hear from you, not been on here for ages, hope all's well with you. Like you say the SportSmarts were v good but I had to look for something that would last longer so I went with the PR3 which I have to admit have been faultless. I just fancied a change and saw they had bought out the newer version of the SS. Still undecided...

7. 2 of the lads have them; one on his '12my the other on a twin spark - they were so good that the Scorps came off the new bike with only 1k miles on it, apparently (I haven't ridden it yet) they transform the bike.
    The SS2's don't feel much different to the originals, apparently, but are definitely better all round. Apparently.

8. Current flavour of the month is the new Metzler M7RR which has had good feed back on here. I run racetech interacts on my track bike and have been so pleased, I'll be fitting a pair of the M7s on my 2012 sT very soon. Andy

#8 Android853sp, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  9. Thanks guys - not thought about Metzeler but reading very good things about it - decisions, decisions....

10. Going for the M7RR's, after reading several reviews and they are slightly cheaper, getting them fitted Friday, I'll let you know how I get on...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information